Thank You all very much for the good advice and tech details to back it up!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oconnor

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
Nova Scotia
Just wanted to pass on my thanks to everyone who has added value to the info I recieved from this forum. I now believe I have the info I need to have an intelligent chat with my installer, and get the code and smoke spillage issues sorted out with my install.

There are good and passionate folks 'round here. Keep it up - even if we should disagree someday.

You've got a great stove there oconner. With the right sized flue pipe it should work fine. You didn't make an error, the installer did. There is nothing in Jotul's manual approving of his judgment. Quite the opposite, the manual explicitly says:
"In Canada: See fig. 11a. This fireplace insert must be installed with a continuous chimney liner of 6” (152 mm) diameter extending from the fireplace insert to the top of the chimney."

You are perfectly right to want the insert to be installed by the book. IMHO, he should be the one eating the cost of the liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.