Thank you for a great 2017, resident experts.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Easy Livin’ 3000

Minister of Fire
Dec 23, 2015
SEPA
As 2017 winds down, I thought it would be appropriate to give a shout out to our friends who are particularly helpful in our wood heating endeavors.

For my money, begreen, bholler, and squisher dolled out the most, and most valuable contributions to this community.

Begreen, you are unfailing in your efforts to share your knowledge and wisdom. The Yoda of our practice.

Bholler, you never fail to come back with your no nonsense guidance, despite many who underappreciate the value of your time and wisdom.

Squisher, you are just getting started here. Know that we appreciate your valuable input, keep it coming.

Please share with us your favorite mentors here. We want them to keep coming back!

Yes thanks!
I'd be frustrated right now with a pretty stove made up a company that rhymes with shermont lastings, if I hadn't discovered this forum.
Feel like I dodged a bullet.

Reactions: bholler
I always think of @begreen and @Highbeam as the two older gentlemen in the balcony of the muppet show. Both of them consistently correct but seldom in agreement.

Probably younger than me, the both of them. All due respect fellas, but it is sometimes high comedy.

I darn near came with the place and as frequently as I am on, @begreen has triple the posts I do. I don’t know how he does it.

As 2017 winds down, I thought it would be appropriate to give a shout out to our friends who are particularly helpful in our wood heating endeavors.

For my money, begreen, bholler, and squisher dolled out the most, and most valuable contributions to this community.

Begreen, you are unfailing in your efforts to share your knowledge and wisdom. The Yoda of our practice.

Bholler, you never fail to come back with your no nonsense guidance, despite many who underappreciate the value of your time and wisdom.

Squisher, you are just getting started here. Know that we appreciate your valuable input, keep it coming.

Please share with us your favorite mentors here. We want them to keep coming back!

I agree entirely. I appreciate how Begreen takes time to answer just about everything, how bholler reminds everyone about liner insulation if clearance to combustibles hasn’t been verified,and how squisher advises checking out the chimney cap. Thank you, gentlemen, for your service.

I know there are many others, but one person who seems quieter now but also deserves a mention is brotherbart. I believe he’s been known to handle runaway stove crises in private communication after a problem is posted here. That just stood out in my memory, and I thought it deserved a note when I read this thread.

Thanks, Ed, as well for starting it.

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
I agree entirely. I appreciate how Begreen takes time to answer just about everything, how bholler reminds everyone about liner insulation if clearance to combustibles hasn’t been verified,and how squisher advises checking out the chimney cap. Thank you, gentlemen, for your service.

I know there are many others, but one person who seems quieter now but also deserves a mention is brotherbart. I believe he’s been known to handle runaway stove crises in private communication after a problem is posted here. That just stood out in my memory, and I thought it deserved a note when I read this thread.

Thanks, Ed, as well for starting it.
Here! Here!- regarding brotherbart. I'm ashamed that he slipped my mind.

His sharp wit, love for his englander, willingness to stand up for those of us who get by with what we've got, are all things that make his shared wisdom so valuable.

Every time I start to feel a little envy about the size of someone else's pro chainsaw collection, or the length of the burn they are getting from their fancy stove, his pride in his poulan saw and nc30 and non-offensive sarcasm brings me back. We're just trying to keep the house warm!

Thank you, Brother!

Yes, thank you guys for taking the time to help me with my insert, your insight and guidance have been very helpful and very much appreciated. Can't thank you guys enough ;)