The Caddy Advanced is finally on PSG's site...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yes it is, high efficiency gas furnace.

Thanks,

Nicolas
Nick, how will it work? Will the LP kick in when the fire is too low as a supplement and then shut down when the firebox is back up to temp? Or is it more of a one or the other setup?

Nick, how will it work? Will the LP kick in when the fire is too low as a supplement and then shut down when the firebox is back up to temp? Or is it more of a one or the other setup?
Kind of, using one thermostat for each heat source. Typically, people set the gas thermostat few degrees lower then the wood one. This way, if wood can keep up the gas furnace will take over.

Thanks,

Makes sense. So, no issue with both running at once then? Sounds excellent.

I’m assuming you’ll be able to disable the furnaces independently? Say perhaps in the shoulder season you would operate the propane furnace and leave the wood furnace off. Although, I imagine if there are individual thermostats you could just turn the wood furnace thermostat way down low so that it never activates.

Reactions: SBI_Nick
Reactions: woodey
@SBI_Nick

Maybe Nick can update. I had called them about a month ago, and supposedly the Advanced CR is to be officially released in 2024….but I’ve heard that each year for a couple years. I’ve come to the conclusion that it happens when it happens. I’m guessing that they’ve run into some problems with development and testing.

Keep in mind, this will be the only combination furnace in the world that conforms to current EPA standards. Likely the last one ever. Tells you how difficult it is and I’m sure it’s made the majority of companies think it’s not worth pursuing.

It’s possible that they had to do the same monkey dance that Lamppa had to do recently, since this is considered an entirely different furnace from the Caddy Advanced I believe. Nick can confirm.