the fan problem of brand new Harman P68

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nh-jjyy

Dec 2, 2022
nh
well, I got the brand new P68 and it made scary noise and some of you already helped me to diagnose the problem and I went to the store today and they doubt it is the fan problem too but I have to wait until next Wednesday to have the service.

so I took the back plate behind out, I can see the mark the fan was rubbing it, then I started to run, the noise still on and I saw the fan rubbing the bottom plate now, then I thought it might be okay to take the back and bottom plates out too so I can start to use the stove, it turned out something more, the fan is falling......... and now I don't want to touch it, otherwise I would void the warranty, right?

is this manufactured defect or the store's problem, because what I got from the store is this stove was in the wood frame then I have to open the wood frame to install it.

plateout.jpg fanoff.jpg

Looks like, from what I can see in pictures, it was not installed properly, or something left loose, or was knocked off. No matter how you look at it, dealer will probably fix. A picture from other side would help. The question might be, did the installer have those panels off, and do the damage moving the stove.

Looks like, from what I can see in pictures, it was not installed properly, or something left loose, or was knocked off. No matter how you look at it, dealer will probably fix. A picture from other side would help. The question might be, did the installer have those panels off, and do the damage moving the stove.
again, you are like genius, I listened to you and took the picture from the other side, seems a loose screw, I tried to tighten it and to see if it would work this time, thank you genius!

otherside.jpg

That screw holds the motor to the auger. Now you will notice the motor has a bracket on it, and it has a hole with a rubber grommet, that has to slide on the "post" where the slide plate arm is. This keeps the motor from spinning. It should be pretty obvious, but could provide a pic. if needed.

That screw holds the motor to the auger. Now you will notice the motor has a bracket on it, and it has a hole with a rubber grommet, that has to slide on the "post" where the slide plate arm is. This keeps the motor from spinning. It should be pretty obvious, but could provide a pic. if needed.
thank you and I figured it out and finally it worked again!!!!

hahaha millions of thanks , this forum and you !

thank you and I figured it out and finally it worked again!!!!

hahaha millions of thanks , this forum and you !
Save them pictures, dealer should still send someone out for an inspection, and to replace the little motor cooling fan blade.

Save them pictures, dealer should still send someone out for an inspection, and to replace the little motor cooling fan blade.
I will but I would ask another silly question, the room sensor of this thing seems off, I set it to room temperature for 75 degrees, and the stove just keeps burning and it is like 90 degrees here but never shut off automatically, what should I do? or how should I put the room sensor? please advise

First, you must understand how the stove works, it has many modes of operation. Second, you probably will have to extend the wire to find a location for the sensor that is /seems most accurate. If you don't understand the modes, this can help--

Reactions: Washed-Up
First, you must understand how the stove works, it has many modes of operation. Second, you probably will have to extend the wire to find a location for the sensor that is /seems most accurate. If you don't understand the modes, this can help--
thx let me read and study this

You probably have that room sensor against a cold wall, laying on the floor, or near a cool draft somewhere. Move it until it gets you where you want to be (do not have it against anything or near the side of the stove).

Your manual is your friend as is the link that @Mt Bob provided.

New stove, delivered in the shipping crate, the auger motor was just hanging there , not attached to the post or auger ??

New stove, delivered in the shipping crate, the auger motor was just hanging there , not attached to the post or auger ??
new stove, we picked up in the store because they wouldn't delivery until January, and I didn't know the auger motor and fan was loosed until I ran about an hour then heard the scary noise then after someone's advice, we fixed it but the damage of the fan already done and hopefully the dealer would replace it or ?

new stove, we picked up in the store because they wouldn't delivery until January, and I didn't know the auger motor and fan was loosed until I ran about an hour then heard the scary noise then after someone's advice, we fixed it but the damage of the fan already done and hopefully the dealer would replace it or ?
Got it OK, thanks. Hope from now on it works well for you...