The fireplace won't stay lit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

babo

Jun 16, 2019
pa
Hello,
and the saga continues. After 3 years of working im getting problems again with Heat and Glo 6000CIXIPIS.

The flame won't stay on, IF the fireplace was started from the the remote.

To reproduce:
1. Press "Menu" button on the remote
2. Hear a characteristic "click" sound from the furnace and observe a pilot to come up.
3. in 3 seconds the main burner lights up.
4. in 10-15 seconds a "click" sound can be heard and the main flame is turned off.
5. remote still indicates that flame is on.

All options - light, temp sensor on the remote, are operational == can be set and changed. Prior to this incident, the batteries on the remote were replaced. No pairing was performed after batteries were replaced. The termopara was cleaned. The termopara, remote and the control unit all were replaced sometime during the past 5 years.

I observed that before the flame gets extinguished, the light on the control board blinks twice.
In addition, if i switch the control board to "manual" operation - the flame comes up and stays on.

The main burner goes off even if i take off the screen ( or whatever the main glass part is called).

thank you for looking into this issue.

Last edited:
I turned the fireplace on "manually" and let it run for ~15-20 minutes.
After that the "remote" operation worked.
I'm waiting for the fireplace to cool off, so i can reassemble all the parts and put it back together.
Once done, i'll try to run it "remotely" again...

I'm thinking maybe a "spider web" somewhere?...

Reactions: DAKSY
I turned the fireplace on "manually" and let it run for ~15-20 minutes.
After that the "remote" operation worked.
I'm waiting for the fireplace to cool off, so i can reassemble all the parts and put it back together.
Once done, i'll try to run it "remotely" again...

I'm thinking maybe a "spider web" somewhere?...
well.. tough luck...
it worked "remotely" last night.
But today it wont.

i'm out of ideas ...

Summary: the fireplace starts and runs only if it is hot.