The last Hardy H2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StihlKicking

Feeling the Heat
Jan 12, 2016
Hatchie Bottom, MS
I just drove down to Philadelphia, MS today and bought it. A lot of people don't like these type heaters, but we have used them for the last 30 years. It's also a good story that I bought the last new one made before the new EPA regs kicked in and they changed the model.

Didn't realize Hardy had any left in stock... Buddy of mine has one in NJ, burns 10 measured cords a year to heat 4,000 square foot. Didn't rust out like the Central Boilers most people burn around here. Seems like an ok boiler if you have an unlimited wood supply, and don't want to be bothered with the splitting/drying that's involved with modern boilers.
http://martinsburg.craigslist.org/tld/5369709453.html
This guy has a few left in VA if anyone is looking for one, but he wants full retail.

I just drove down to Philadelphia, MS today and bought it. A lot of people don't like these type heaters, but we have used them for the last 30 years. It's also a good story that I bought the last new one made before the new EPA regs kicked in and they changed the model.

My nieghbours would run me out of the village if I had one of those burnin in my backyard. .Either you have neighbours that you hate or none close by. I googled it and this was the first video of one. That one looks a little too close to next door.lol,

Whats one of them worth? Whats the rated btu output? 30 years sounds pretty reliable though.

The people in that video aren't burning wood! They aren't to smokey burning seasoned wood. If you burn trash and other things they smoke like a mad man. Either way the closest neighbor I have is about 2 miles up the road so it won't bother him. I gave $5400 for this boiler and it is rated at 120000 btu. I know 7 family's who have used them anywhere from 10-30 years, their reliability is hard to beat as long as your water isn't to high in sodium.

Status
Not open for further replies.