The making of Pinetree Pellet Fuels Maine softwood pellets.. The Mill..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Same machine our company uses to shrink wrap boxes of parts. I think a couple employees wrapped themselves horsing around too.

Again, best of luck. With propane being in the mid 80 cent range here, this will be a non burn year for me. I just filled 3 bottles, 1500 gallons, enough for the winter

Reactions: PinetreePellets
Love the fact that the 'big guy' doesn't see you as competition, but offered good advice. That's class right there.

JP

He was a great guy and knows I am not really competition for them. There is no doubt the new owners are a class act and run a slick operation over there. For them to thow this little guy a bone and offer helpful suggestions without me having to dig for info shows that even in 2015 there are still Mainers helping Mainers.

Hey everyone. I know its been a while but lots of things, good and bad going on. The first thing is I don't know that we will be p before this heating season, possibly mid heating season, but not Oct or Nov like I wanted to be. One thing I have learned in starting a wood pellet mill, and probably any business in general, everything takes twice the amount of time you initially hoped for. So if someone tells you 2 weeks, expect a month, and there is nothing I can do about it (sigh). So waiting on line extension for power boost to the mill to get it juiced up, though I will say EmeraMaine has been amazing and easy to work with.

We did start a facebook, twitter and linkedIn pages so as things start to kick in to second here I will continue to post here as well as those pages.

Not sure I have formally thanked everyone on the forum here for all you well wishes and positive energy. This has been a heck of a ride, and honestly you all have been such a positive PUSH for me. I never forget where I came from and those who were there.

David

Reactions: bogieb and moey
Good things come to those that are forced to wait...... longer...;) Thanks again for the updates.

Thanks for the update - I was wondering how things were going. Unfortunately we tend to believe things will happen in the least amount of time it possibly could - and a lot of times our worst case scenarios tend to be on the optimistic side :oops:

I biked through Mattawamkaeg again this summer. Though on the Woodville rd./157 loop, i somehow managed the achievement of having a headwind and or crosswind the whole 60 (made it all the way home this time) miles, so i only looked off toward where your mill is.

If all works out and you are up and running by spring, i plan on getting my 6 tons from you for next season.
As i don't have a truck, i'm hopeful your offer of delivery is still on the table. we can talk delivery cost on that when the time comes.
I'm not too picky on my pellets. The MWP blend has served me very well. price per ton is my biggest concern as long as they burn without major issues.
I tried more expensive pellets, and for me and my stove, there simply isn't enough "extra" heat in them to be worth the extra dollars.

I like supporting Steve at SIB, but even more so i want to do what i can to help your venture succeed.
I really like the thought of having pellets being produced only a few miles from me.

Last edited:
How is the PTP biz going?

Busy enough we haven't had an update in 2 months?

Reactions: bogieb
Thank for the link to the article. At first I thought that the bit about all town accounts (water, sewer etc.) being current and paid was irrelevant. But, upon reflection, it told me that the plans are indeed moving forward, if slower than hoped/anticipated. If there were thoughts of scrapping the project, the bills most likely wouldn't be paid.

Hey everyone just wanted to post a quick update...
More to come...

i'm holding off on my normal april buy date from where i have gotten pellets up till now.
hopefully i'll be burning some pinetree pellets next winter.

Did Pinetree Pellets ever get going? Their website is still around but I don't see any information saying they actually made and sold some pellets. Hope the news is good.

Ill bump this once hoping someone knows something and missed this thread.