The summit has landed doing my install!!! pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
well guys today is the day
installer is here
before pic
and pieces of my block off plate

Attachments

• flue pics 001.jpg
    flue pics 001.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 11,130
  • flue pics 003.jpg
    flue pics 003.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 11,306
and a pic of the beast locked up!

Attachments

• flue pics 004.jpg
    flue pics 004.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 8,326
i know i have to extend my hearth but will just in case any tile gets damaged during the install
so i will extend after install

this guy knows his stuff i have been pickin his brain and he must be a member here
the damper is out

Attachments

• flue pics 005.jpg
    flue pics 005.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 9,074
  • flue pics 006.jpg
    flue pics 006.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 9,227
now i know why the installer is doing such a great job........
he frequents a lot in these forums!!!!!

Attachments

• flue pics 007.jpg
    flue pics 007.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 10,057
  • flue pics 008.jpg
    flue pics 008.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 10,314
Congrats iceman,beautiful hearth and mantle,very nice block-off plate too.Now send us pics of FIRE!

Very CLEAN install so far!

Let me know when it's in....I will bring over some well seasnoed wood for a nice hot fire!

WHOOO HAAAA!!!!!!!!!

more pics
and guess what i got today for doing a favor???

Attachments

• flue pics 017.jpg
    flue pics 017.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 9,409
  • flue pics 020.jpg
    flue pics 020.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 9,513
more pics
see what i got today as well??

Attachments

• flue pics 025.jpg
    flue pics 025.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 9,206
  • flue pics 024.jpg
    flue pics 024.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 8,899
Reactions: Merc1973
finished!! time to burn

Attachments

• flue pics 030.jpg
    flue pics 030.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 8,547
Reactions: OldLumberKid
FIRE!!!!

Attachments

• flue pics 034.jpg
    flue pics 034.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 8,518
  • flue pics 035.jpg
    flue pics 035.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 8,351
Reactions: Merc1973
Absolutely schweet!

Now that hearth looks a bit short, maybe eight inches to wood trim ;-) ? Just kidding, I guess we should have hung out a while and we could of warmed up a bit in front of the cozy fire. Very nice job on that block off plate, it worked better than some of the factory made ones. It was nice to meet, you enjoy your new insert. :)

Great, another Summit. :roll: I wonder if all these Summits are contributing to global warming? :lol: Looking good man.

Reactions: clydesdale
Firefly Hearth said:
Now that hearth looks a bit short, maybe eight inches to wood trim ;-) ? Just kidding, I guess we should have hung out a while and we could of warmed up a bit in front of the cozy fire. Very nice job on that block off plate, it worked better than some of the factory made ones. It was nice to meet, you enjoy your new insert. :)

lol.... I didn't let you down with the pics? hey!!! great job!!!!!
heres one for you keeping your identity secret!!!
thanks again!!!
ps until i get the material to extend the hearth i am taking off the wood trim; it will still be short but hey it will be brick so a non-combustible:)

Attachments

• flue pics 010.jpg
    flue pics 010.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 2,741
Looks great! Very nice professional install.

Todd said:
Great, another Summit. :roll: I wonder if all these Summits are contributing to global warming? :lol: Looking good man.

They would have to be, they throw a heck of a lot of heat!
:lol:

That's a picture perfect install iceman. And just in time for the cold weather. Burn baby burn.

BeGreen said:
That's a picture perfect install iceman. And just in time for the cold weather. Burn baby burn.

Thanks a lot.. i did a lot of reasearch on this site and went in to the install feeling confident and ready for my installer ... as it turned out i didn't have to point out a thing he knew it all... then i found out he is also a member here!!! what a small world!
the picture on the roof is my installer and his son ... they did a wonderful job!!!
now maybe i can offically join that "summit Crue" over in the other thread... lol

Hope your installer comes out of the closet and jumps in to the conversation. That's a nice install. He should be proud.

PS: Damn, that's a big chimney.

Status
Not open for further replies.