The Super Spear Log Splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found other brands in my searching so has anyone used a tool like this one
Thanks JD

I never used one myself, but I've seen a few here and there, find of burried in the back of garages/sheds. My impression was they probably didn't work all that well, or they would have been stored more "front and center"

Yeah I got one as part of a $20 table clearance at a flea market once...it's probably out back behind the shed right now...hmmm, maybe I should put it on ebay..lol.
Great concept...been around since the seventies? Back before carpal tunnel syndrome was an issue? I wasn't too fond of it for the fact it wears out the wrists...same concept as a driver for T-post fence posts...but I'm not going to go out and split a cord or two with it...

Hi-

My Ex bought one. It didn't leave with her. Very poor on firewood, fair at blacl walnut nut cracking.

Mike P

jd, I have one of those things. I bought it in 1982 but haven't put many hours on it. I use it to break up a few of pieces when I don't want to get the splitter out. It works well but I would not do cords with it. I'm too lazy. The best part is that you can use it in the garage (you don't have to swing it).

Status
Not open for further replies.