The wood of the day is..........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinPiney

Feeling the Heat
Nov 25, 2008
In the Pines, NJ
Red Oak.

Got out of work an hr early today so i thought i'd split some of the newly scrounged red oak. And of course cheyenne my firewood watch dog had to sneak in the pic.

Sorry it's cell phone pic.

ForSale003.jpg

I love red oak. Dad and I found a local guy that's willing to fall, buck, split, and help load it for $75 a cord. We're taking all we can get at that price! We've gotten a little over 3 cords from him so far.

Pagey said:
Dad and I found a local guy that's willing to fall, buck, split, and help load it for $75 a cord...
You make me sick! I'm going to tell myself that they're not real 4x4x8 cords.

At $100 a real cord for Ash, I still have to buck and split.

LLigetfa said:
Pagey said:
Dad and I found a local guy that's willing to fall, buck, split, and help load it for $75 a cord...
You make me sick! I'm going to tell myself that they're not real 4x4x8 cords.

At $100 a real cord for Ash, I still have to buck and split.

Going and getting as much wood as comes on one trailer load for you wouldn't be free...

Pagey, i was just down your way this past weekend. I helped a couple friends move down to La Vergne just outside nashville. Man those Smokey mtns on the way down are awsome!

Oh and that middle pile of rounds in the background is also red oak.

That is a nice pile of wood but that dog is not sitting by any red oak!!!

Funny, I was splitting some Red Oak with my black dog yesterday too.
0409091842.jpg

This tree went down in a storm summer '05. I cut some from it back then, I went back for this last week. It is still a little wet inside. That's two rounds in the wheelbarrow. I got 12 from the tree.

SmokinPiney said:
Pagey, i was just down your way this past weekend. I helped a couple friends move down to La Vergne just outside nashville. Man those Smokey mtns on the way down are awsome!

Oh and that middle pile of rounds in the background is also red oak.

That's where my brother lives now. I'm closer to Fall Creek Falls State Park. This is God's country. ;-)

nice picture, love the dog too, nothing like a good companion! hey pagey, that's a nice price for everything your getting!

Yes, it's a great price. I told the guy that I'd gladly pay $25 to just come pick it up in the round. But he insists on splitting it by hand! I honestly think he just loves getting out of the house and work in general.

he must! good score on that! congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.