Thelin Gnome or Cleveland Works Mini?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EBE

Feb 15, 2022
Rockford, MI
I am a first time pellet stove buyer. I am building my dream stable, and I plan a pellet stove for the tack room...I love the look of the Thelin Gnome, but the reviews are kind of scary...I have my choices down to Gnome or Cleveland Works Mini. Big price difference, but I love the style of the Gnome. Small space, (less than 600 sqt feet) occasional use. We are in Michigan, where it gets verrry cold...but this pellet stove will be more for ambiance than primary heat.... I see some pretty negative things about the the Thelins-and nothing much about the Cleveland works mini...

Did you make your decision. I hope you went with the Cleveland Iron Works Mini for your tack room. I own a 2018 Gnome for our primary heat source in small house. It looks good and provides enough heat but requires too much maintenance for my liking. It does not have an ash drawer so you have to vacuum at least weekly (separate ash vacuum). Bi-annual disconnect, remove fan and clean innards, igniter seems to last only 2 years, etc. So bottom line Gnome is too expensive and too much maintenance for a tack room.