Used Enviro Mini

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tom04

Jan 15, 2024
Toronto, Canada
Hi there,

I'm looking for a small footprint, modern-design pellet stove to use in my Toronto home mostly as a secondary heat source on come days. We also like the ambiance of a natural flame, and wood/NG are not options.

Money is tight, so I'm looking for used stoves. Anything I should be looking out for, other than obvious physical defects? What are the risks in buying used pellet stoves instead of new?

I found a 5 y/o used Enviro Mini for $600. I haven't inspected it in person, but assuming it's in good condition, would I be getting a good deal?

Thanks for your help!

Tom

If it is not all beat up and runs it is a very good deal on a very good stove.
Even if it needs repairs they are easy to diagnose and repair
It will need a good cleaning. You can get a manual online and follow
its instruction
Welcome to the forum

If it is not all beat up and runs it is a very good deal on a very good stove.
Even if it needs repairs they are easy to diagnose and repair
It will need a good cleaning. You can get a manual online and follow
its instruction
Welcome to the forum
Thanks for this - much appreciated. I'm totally new to the world of pellet stoves, so I have a few questions.

First one: do units vary in their ability to run at a low temperature? I've read that this can impact their long-term performance, make them harder to clean, etc. Are some stoves better at this than others? As I live in Toronto (relatively mild winters) and have a small space, I may want to run it at a lower temp fairly frequently.

First one: do units vary in their ability to run at a low temperature? I've read that this can impact their long-term performance, make them harder to clean, etc. Are some stoves better at this than others? As I live in Toronto (relatively mild winters) and have a small space, I may want to run it at a lower temp fairly frequently.

I have an Envrio one up from the mini. I have had it for 22 years and run it
on the lowest settings possible when temperatures warrant. It gets a
vacuum and glass cleaned every 10 bags normally 10 to 12 days
. Full tare down and clean twice a year. Never have had a problem with the stove
except for a combustion blower getting noisy. When burning on low you have to
find the sweet spot where it burns and produces heat but doesn't go out because
of a lack of pellets in the burn pot
At 6 hundred I would buy that stove refurbish it and either put it in my
living room or sell it for 16-18 hundred
I live 60 K southwest of Ottawa

Reactions: Tom04 and Ssyko
I have an Envrio one up from the mini. I have had it for 22 years and run it
on the lowest settings possible when temperatures warrant. It gets a
vacuum and glass cleaned every 10 bags normally 10 to 12 days
. Full tare down and clean twice a year. Never have had a problem with the stove
except for a combustion blower getting noisy. When burning on low you have to
find the sweet spot where it burns and produces heat but doesn't go out because
of a lack of pellets in the burn pot
At 6 hundred I would buy that stove refurbish it and either put it in my
living room or sell it for 16-18 hundred
I live 60 K southwest of Ottawa
Thanks again. The one I was looking at sold unfortunately, but I found another one for $800 that's 10 y/o, but actually looks more lightly used and in better shape.

From what I'm hearing, these units have a lot of life left in them after 10 years. I'm thinking of springing for this one.