Thelin Gnome Pellet Heat Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bttahern

Sep 29, 2020
Seamus33*
Ok-

First off thanks to those who answered my question I had a month ago about the fan not shutting off. I got that resolved with a T2 sensor replacement.

Now...I have the stove running....great flame in my workshop. BUT......it does not seem to blow much heat. The blower works and it is warm but certainly not doing the job in my workshop after 2 hours of running on high......workshop is detached from the house and about 200 sq feet and today is 32 degrees outside.

Any ideas on why it seems to be working fine but not throwing off a lot of heat?

My burn pot holder is little corroded.....would that have anything to do with it?

Is the workshop insulated, and sealed well? The gnome is tiny and not overly efficient, not sure what the 2011 versions are rated at but the current one only output 8900 btu on high during its epa testing.

I don't think that corrosion on the burner pot will matter much as long as it is holding the pellets to burn and not blocking the airflow. Minor corrosion is fine. I use a small wire brush on mine to clean it up, but go easy just remove the loose crud.

The Gnome is a rather small stove. I think the total heat output on high is between 1 and 2 burners on a typical home gas range cooktop.

I would check that the fan is moving air well and not too noisy. Also check the inlet airflow valve. In many cases you can improve the heat output by restricting the airflow. Experiment with this as chimney, altitude and other factors change this.