Thelin Gnome riddle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bttahern

Sep 29, 2020
Seamus33*
Ok- Anyone with any thoughts would be appreciated. And I am aware of the repair manual as well and have gone through it.

Stove would power up one day but no fan or feed happening. I decided to pull it off the wall and shop vac the inside though the exhaust. And....i plug it in and it is working. All good....however it lasts two days and it started blowing very slow. Then it would not blow at all. Vac out.....and a very weak fan speed.

So I am just looking for some advice on what might be most likely the problem. Any ideas? Do I need to remove all the housing and rellay clean it super deep or is it more likley the fan brushes? Motor? Board?

Total noob just looking for some assistance.

Thanks all and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Prob. fan brushes, or the motor itself, in my opinion. But could be a loose wire or connection,somewhere. Next time you try to start it,and it does not, take a block of wood and rap on the housing,underneath, that has the fan in it,and see if it tries to start.