Thelin parlour stove problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

VTDutchman

Nov 25, 2022
Vermont
I have a 2011 Thelin Parlour stove that developed a problem. The manufacturer is of no help and I hope someone in this forum can help me. I started the stove for the present heating season and it ran for about 5 seconds when the red "hi-temp" light came on solid. It could not be a high temperature because I never had any flame. I replaced the T-2 (hi temp) sensor and the stove ran for about 3 minutes (again no flame) when the red light came up again solid. Since that time the solid red light comes on after about 5 seconds. Everything has been cleaned and there are no obstructions. Also checked and cleaned the T-1 sensor. I have no dealer close by and the closest one told me that they can't support me because of their workload (even when I drive up there 2 hours away). Can anyone help me? Thanks.

I have a 2011 Thelin Parlour stove that developed a problem. The manufacturer is of no help and I hope someone in this forum can help me. I started the stove for the present heating season and it ran for about 5 seconds when the red "hi-temp" light came on solid. It could not be a high temperature because I never had any flame. I replaced the T-2 (hi temp) sensor and the stove ran for about 3 minutes (again no flame) when the red light came up again solid. Since that time the solid red light comes on after about 5 seconds. Everything has been cleaned and there are no obstructions. Also checked and cleaned the T-1 sensor. I have no dealer close by and the closest one told me that they can't support me because of their workload (even when I drive up there 2 hours away). Can anyone help me? Thanks.
My mom has a thelin pellet stove. And hers just started giving her the same problem. We turn it on and it will run for about a second then the solid red light turns on. I cleaned out the outside pipe and it still does it. I cant figure out what is causing it.