Thermostat for Harman?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nitro-Fish

Burning Hunk
Hearth Supporter
Feb 5, 2009
VA
Can anyone tell me if this will work with a Harman P61A or P68? Honeywell RTH2300B1012/E1 5-2 Day Programmable Thermostat
Thanks

i have one on my englander. $25 at Lowes. Works great on my stove. Its just a simple switch thats programmable for multiple times a day.

Sorry... I have this one with my p35i.. RTH221B1039 It also says it is not compatible with milli-volt pellet stoves.. This must mean some other stoves that accept a thermostat. For the harman, you are simply making and breaking one of the links on the external thermostat. Same thing they do for a basic furnace.

Said it wouldnt work for mine either... but does, and does so well.

I've used that one with my P68 for at least 10 years...works great. I use the same one with my P38 with the new style board...works great With the original board, I had to use the millivolt thermostat, which is just a mechanical thermostat

Tom

Installed yesterday, jury is still out on how I'm going to like it; pellet use was actually more than with just the room probe last night, but it was pretty cold too. It might be me, but it seems like it's not as consistent as the room probe (both room probe and now t-stat/room probe are in the same place; about 25' from stove), the temp in the room goes up and down more using the t-stat, but I haven't messed with timing the auger on time with the feed rate yet. If anyone has input on using/adjusting feed rates or temp setting with a t-stat, I welcome the comments.

Thanks