Thermostat recommendation for Quadrafire Castille stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

unioncreek

Oct 9, 2019
southeastern Washington
I have a Quadrafire Castille freestanding pellet stove that has not been starting regularly. It can run all day and not fail to start and the next day you have to push the reset button every time. I'm starting to suspect that the thermostat is the problem, so I want to get another. The current one has been on the stove since 2007. Looking for recommendations.

Thanks,
Bob

Any $10 millivolt tstat will work

Thanks Ssyko,

I don't know if you remember my post about a month ago with my stove not starting. But, I installed a new connector and it hasn't solved the problem. I put my old board in and jury rigged the blower motor since that wouldn't work with my old board. But, that said told me it wasn't my old board. I decided maybe the thermostat was bad, so I'll buy one today and see if that solves the problem.

Bob

yes i do remember. I don’t think its a thermostat thing. It may be not enough pellets for the first call of heat. Try opening the feed slide in the hopper a little bit more and see if the helps, my cb1200 would get an occasional cold start fail every now and then.

for a few bucks its worth knowing if that was it.. give it a try. usually if the light comes on the stove has the signal to start up.

I install a new thermostat, so we'll see. Even with the old thermostat the red call light would be on every time , push the reset button and it starts every time. I've changed the circuit board connector, checked all the wire connectors. With my old circuit board it blew a relay so the blower wouldn't come on. But, I added another power source for blower and routed it through the upper snap disk. It ran like it should for a month. This time when last night when I hooked it up it wouldn't start up. That made me think it, it could be the thermostat

Bob

I install a new thermostat, so we'll see. Even with the old thermostat the red call light would be on every time , push the reset button and it starts every time. I've changed the circuit board connector, checked all the wire connectors. With my old circuit board it blew a relay so the blower wouldn't come on. But, I added another power source for blower and routed it through the upper snap disk. It ran like it should for a month. This time when last night when I hooked it up it wouldn't start up. That made me think it, it could be the thermostat

Bob

I thought I would let you know that the new thermostat seems to have solved the problem. I've only pushed the reset once and that was at 6:00 am, the call light was one, but I think it was just starting up. I'll let you know if it continues to run normally.

Thanks for all your help.

Bob

Thats cool. I will remember that