Thermostatic Valve Choice For Boiler Protection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Born2burn

Nov 23, 2015
Nebraska
The other day I was pushing it on 2 weeks before I emptied the Primary burn chamber box and it caught up with me. I lost secondary combustion due to the heavy ash covering one of my primary air pipe and slowed the gassing down all night. Water temps were 130 in the morning 16F outdoor temps and the house was cooling from 74 to 71 the furnace fan running none stop. The shop floor is base loaded with 97 degree water going to it. After all that I cleaned out the primary box and I was back in business. Problem now was my stack temps were 350F plus after that night, prior they were from 250 to 280F. So I cleaned heat exchanger and now it is back to norm, the condensing in the HE was really not as bad as I expected. I would like to prevent this in the future so I believe it is time to look for a couple thermostatic valves.
I was looking at the Central Boiler Thermostatic Valve 2500024. Looks pretty simple, is this a good choice? The price looks right to me at $45 I need 2 for now and a large one in the future. I have been keeping the water at 175F this last month.

Thanks and Merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.