Theromostat Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following any thermostat posts with interest. I want to add one to my Mt. Vernon, non AE, and I am open to thermostat recomendations. Looks like the Ritetemp 6022 would work just fine. Not looking to spend a lot of coin if its not needed or beneficial.

Have a good friend that has given me a Magicstat from Honeywell that doesn't look to me to be suitable. It says it will not work on a millivolt gas unit and all the hookup diagrams show a transformer being used. Didn't look for the swing feature as I kind of determined it wouldn't work for my stove. The model # is CT 2800. He bought it in 2002 so its a few years old but still working.

On these stoves where does the 24 volts come from? Does the stove produce the 24 volts or does it come from the stat? I'm guessing it is coming from the stove.

I will await your help before doing anything. And as usual thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.