They don't have woodburning stoves in Los Angeles...Heat King?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zionadams

Oct 1, 2008
Hurricane, UT
I'm gonna give myself a migraine. I've been staring at this computer for over an hour, looking for ANY reference to a little stove my husband bought. It's a non-catalytic (new term for me) woodburning stove which says "Heat King" above the glass door window. It's adorable but we're missing two small parts on it and really need an example (even a drawing) of one of them.

We're missing some sort of a latch which pulls open an auto damper thing on the inside roof of the stove. My husband says that prevents smoke from escaping into our home. The second part is a no-brainer; a little latch that pivots over another piece to seal the door shut. Again, my husband believes it to be a wedge shaped piece of metal. He can fabricate whatever we need, but seeing it would help!

So, has ANYONE on here ever seen a Heat King, or know of it's origins?
Recognize the parts I'm describing?
Can you name the thing that should be screwed to the door front?

We can always just improvise but that's not gonna honor this cute little thing. It's adorable and otherwise complete. We'd like to preserve it!

Baker Stoves makes coal-burning stoves and have a model call the "Heat King." You may want to check the stove to see if you see any labels reflecting that it's a Baker Stove. This is what the current model looks like.
heat_king.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.