Thimble bracket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dapperistdan

Aug 5, 2014
MA
I just wanted to check and see if this seemed legit. When we originally broke through the masonry to pipe into the flue, we broke too big of a hole. The thimble didnt have any masonry directly behind it to attach to, so we made a bracket. The bracket is still behind the insulation of the thimble and is not in direct contact with the stove pipe.

Again, just looking for peace of mind since i deviated from the install instructions.

M3DDWg0.jpg

pkQ0TVv.jpg

So long as you didn't take any masonry down that would put you inside of a clearance restriction, I see no problems with it. Looks like a sound connection from where I'm sitting.

pen

So long as you didn't take any masonry down that would put you inside of a clearance restriction, I see no problems with it. Looks like a sound connection from where I'm sitting.

pen

here is a better look at the hole inself...

i guess my concern was that maybe is an issue since the masonry isnt a perfect circle and doesnt completely contour the outlet of the thimble...there is a few inch gap

ayETlkj.jpg

To me, being solid, is being solid. Whether it is mounted directly to masonry or to a bracket as you have, I just can't see there being an issue so long as the extra masonry didn't open things up to framing somewhere back there behind the insulated thimble.

To me, being solid, is being solid. Whether it is mounted directly to masonry or to a bracket as you have, I just can't see there being an issue so long as the extra masonry didn't open things up to framing somewhere back there behind the insulated thimble.

nope, only framing is what you see in photos

thanks for response, appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.