Think I'm sold on Stove Temp/Auto

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
well, been running my Harman P61A since November.....
Testing back and forth with Room temp/Auto/Manual and Stove Temp/Auto...
I have come to the [my] conclusion that with a poorly insulated house,
Stove temp/Auto is the only way to go......reasons?
Our 90 yr old house is warm with a constant heat source, but as soon as that source stops,
the House cools down pretty quick.. Too quick.
In room temp/auto, it's High flame, Low flame, No flame... we can feel the difference as soon as the
flames start to drop to a decreasing level....

So, with that in mind, we decided that Stove temp/auto keeps a good hot steady flame and heat
much better than in Room temp.....
I still wonder what the difference is between room/manual and stove /auto as they both go into a maint mode without completly shutting down...but stove temp for us appears to really keep a more consistant heat..
it would be very easy to make this statement:
room temp/auto if you have a good tight insulated house.
Stove temp/auto if you have a poorly insulated house..
but there are other factors at play here like size and floor plan etc so I'll just say that after burning for 5 months with a HarmanP61A, Energex hardwoods and Stove Chows from HD,
Stove temp is the clear winner for us. 3Tons used as of 2 days ago..
[forgot to mention that burn pot scraping is much less running a constant steady heat.
Ash, on the other hand,, finds a home in every nook and cranny..]

Last edited:
My old farmhouse would definitely fall under the poorly insulated category. I am new to this but we have been running our PC45 at toom temp manual and the temp stays within a degree or two. I am very impressed at how constant the temp stays.

Reactions: Hoot23
My old farmhouse would definitely fall under the poorly insulated category. I am new to this but we have been running our PC45 at toom temp manual and the temp stays within a degree or two. I am very impressed at how constant the temp stays.
yeah.. they are pretty much the same but for some reason,
room temp/manual cools down quicker for us...
prob has to do with the room temp probe wire and where it's placed at...

Status
Not open for further replies.