Thinking about a wood stove need help.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Micdrew

Jan 15, 2021
Maryland
Hello all, my dad is looking about getting a wood stove he asked me if I knew of any good brands to look at I told him regency and pacific energy, i burn a wood furnace so my knowledge is limited when It comes to stoves, any input on brand, catalytic vs non catalytic would be great.

Lots of info on this forum ,I suggest you do a search.how big an area is he planning to heat,does he have dry wood,budget? Lots of questions to be answered.

Regency and Pacific Energy are well thought of here. Many other good brands. Kinda like asking what car should I buy. I made my decision after much reading here and elsewhere. Good luck.

Reactions: Micdrew
Lots of info on this forum ,I suggest you do a search.how big an area is he planning to heat,does he have dry wood,budget? Lots of questions to be answered.
Not sure if his budget but I’m sure he wants a high quality stove, heating area is about 900-1000sf. And he’ll probably buy his wood.

Well like said regency and pacific are good stoves,osburn is another one to look at.

In the Maryland area? Insulation? Is this for ambiance or heat? Is he prepared to store wood long enough for it to dry?