thinking about selling insert w/pic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joedirt

Hearth Supporter
Dec 9, 2009
gresham, oregon
we will be istalling a pellet stove soon,...thinking about selling our woodstove insert,..we arnt sure how much to sell it for...it came with the house...any clue on what to ask for this when we put it on craigslist??...we arnt sure what brand or model it is either...it does have an electrical fan under it...

sorry if posting in wrong place,...but i figured if anyone knew it would be you guys!!!

thanks!!

Attachments

• DSCN0761.jpg
    DSCN0761.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 1,693
would $500 be too much??...

there dosent seem to be much like this one on my local craigslist...

joedirt said:

Yes, it would be too much.

BrotherBart said:
It is against the law for you to advertise or sell that stove in Oregon. $500 fine. Check the DEQ website.

http://www.deq.state.or.us/aq/burning/woodstoves/buysell.htm

thanks for the heads up...i knew nothing about the law...i wonder if its illeagal to use it again where it sets??...i dont plan on it,..ive allready got a pellet stove to replace it...just need this boat anchor out of its hole its been setting in for years...i was kinda hopeing to get rid of it by offsetting some of the ss 3" flex liner costs...

Not that it would be cost effective, but could that stove be modified into an EPA burner?

I could see where someone with a lot of coin would want an antique stove (not that this is
necessarily an antique - I don't know) that achieves top flight efficiency.

It looks a little familiar like one I may have seen on a VA Craigslist, but I can't recall right now what it was - it was a familar name, Buck or something, but it had some wrought iron looking decor on it like that one. Guess you are out of luck being in Oregon. Folks here try to sell stoves way worse and less efficient looking than that one for 4 and 500 but I have no idea if any of them actually get that for them or not.

I wonder if there is a remote possibility that that stove's not as much a smoke dragon as everyone thinks. It doesn't look all that old really, if not for the solid door and wrought iron thingies, it looks a bit similar to the Englander JC24 I just bought and sold, in a way.

tickbitty said:
...it looks a bit similar to the Englander JC24 I just bought and sold, in a way.

Yep. Both square and painted black. :lol:

thechimneysweep said:
How much for the vase?

make an offer...although i should tell you the vase comes with its own "scrap metal" stand...lol

joedirt said:
thechimneysweep said:
How much for the vase?

make an offer...although i should tell you the vase comes with its own "scrap metal" stand...lol

The award for the Best Reply of 2009! :lol: :lol: :lol:

joedirt said:
thechimneysweep said:
How much for the vase?

HAHA! Thats what I'm talking about!

Stove looks to be in nice condition. I haven't heard of the stove but would be curious to know more about it. Does it have a baffle inside?

You didn't hear it from me, but a quick look at Oregon's crasiglistings show a lot of old stoves for sale.

took a few more pictures tonight....it has a tag on the door that says " the blazer"

Attachments

• DSCN0801.jpg
    DSCN0801.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,173
  • DSCN0800.jpg
    DSCN0800.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,159
  • DSCN0798.jpg
    DSCN0798.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,140
  • DSCN0799.jpg
    DSCN0799.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,138
  • DSCN0804.jpg
    DSCN0804.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,156
  • DSCN0802.jpg
    DSCN0802.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,142
That start-up air contraption on the side is certainly different. Forget to close that thing and life could get real exciting.

Edit: Heck I just looked again. That thing looks like it is the only primary air control.

I'll bet that old dog throws some heat... and eats some wood at the same time!

actually it says " the blaser"...and yes this bad boy put out some MASSIVE heat...would actually cook us out of the living room!!!...not sure how to compare how much wood it went through...

Well, unfortunately it doesn't appear to have a hint of clean burning design in it unless I am missing something. I was hoping that it's 1988 date might have shown a hint of EPA oneness. So it looks like a basic smoke dragon. Yes it will heat... at the expense of high wood consumption and emissions. Great plant stand, need a garden storage box??

OK I saw another one on the net that made me remember what I think this stove is. I believe it's probably an Earth Stove model insert. Here is a CL one, I have seen this model before. In looks it's similar to the older (probably pre-EPA) Blaze Kings, but I bet the Earth stoves like these were decent models for their time.
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/for/1523991706.html
3k73m23pc5O85T65R29coa850ca1c1a4314f2.jpg

joedirt said:

there dosent seem to be much like this one on my local craigslist...

I gave away a stove similar to that. I didn't think free was too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.