Manly Posted By Manly, Sep 4, 2018 at 3:07 PM

1. Jan Pijpelink

Jan Pijpelink
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 2, 2015
    Loc:
    Lindenwold, South Jersey
    I hope the person who posted the ad was joking.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Didn't seem like it. Maybe the stove has $25 scrap value. Sounds like they could use the money.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Manly

Manly
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Aug 8, 2017
    Loc:
    CT
    It seems like a bizarre ad to sell a stove. Could be a joke, maybe not. It certainly looks like scrap.

4. Ashful

Ashful
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    He didn’t say the stove burned the house down. Maybe it was the toaster?

5. blades

blades
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 23, 2008
    Loc:
    WI, Leroy
    Looks more like that was standing around out side for quite awhile , a lot of pitting on the metal

6. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    It looks like there is dimpling on the upper half, which would be intentional in the casting. It increases the surface area for better radiance.

7. blades

blades
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 23, 2008
    Loc:
    WI, Leroy
    I though about that late last night no Idea why it popped into mind. Jotul stove?

8. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    I haven't seen a Jotul like that, but maybe? Looks a bit more like a Taiwan knockoff.

9. blades

blades
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 23, 2008
    Loc:
    WI, Leroy
    thought it might be a smaller model of something i have seen yhat is similar in the jotul line of days gone by

10. fbelec

fbelec
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 23, 2005
    Loc:
    Massachusetts
    it's a knock off for sure. i used that exact stove when i was younger. it heated well and has a baffle inside