THIS MAKES ME VERY ANGRY!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worse, by the background in that photo, it appears the seller is a stove dealership.

Yeah but they are very clear about what it is. The price for a stove like that is absurd though. It should be free

(shrug...) So someone will buy it, fix it, and enjoy it.

Greg
That is a pretty bad crack on an old non secondary combustion stove. It is not worth fixing from my perspective. Even without that crack $300 would be about the top of the value range for that stove. It is a rip off no matter how you look at it.

Reactions: fespo
It'll get bought, welded, and will begin another useful service life. I use this cheap 125 amp flux core welder and it works for all sorts of projects.

S9Zn5nk.jpg

Greg

Last edited:
A welder like that will not fix that stove you need someone who really knows what they are doing the metal is already really stressed. And the starting bid is 300 which is what that stove is worth in good condition

The welder is for example as It only does 1/4" plate.
Someone will fix that stove and use it.

Greg
Why would anyone pay that much for a stove with a back wall that is that bad? To de fixed right the back wall should be replaced. And really it is just an old smoke dragon. No secondary combustion just a baffle and no ul tag. As it sits its value should be scrap value no more.

What amperage is that welder 1/4" sounds like allot for a cheap flux core welder like that.

The shop that pulled it from someones house is trying to make money off it. They got paid to remove it because it was trash, now trying to make more.

Reactions: bholler
Having an outside fireplace is nice. I built mine by dragging some rocks into a circle out at the edge of the woods. Many a bratwurst has been cooked and consumed there. :) Visiting kids love it, too.

Have to agree that $300 is about $300 too high for such a thing.

That said, if I was selling 500# of scrap metal on ebay with free shipping, I would charge about $300 too ($250 for the LTL truck, $20 for the scrap value, and $30 is probably about $10 an hour for all the paperwork and ebay listing and such). I wouldn't, though, because I could throw it on my trailer and get $20 for it at the scrapyard in 45 minutes. ;)

Reactions: bholler
I don't see what the fuss is about, he clearly explains its not safe for inside use. Trying to sell it as an outside fire pit or something. Somewhere someone has a use for it. i give him credit for being honest and not trying to pawn it off as a working stove

I don't see what the fuss is about, he clearly explains its not safe for inside use. Trying to sell it as an outside fire pit or something. Somewhere someone has a use for it. i give him credit for being honest and not trying to pawn it off as a working stove
I agree they are honest about what it is. They are just asking way to much. Like 10 times to much

Somebody, I won't say who, would make a redneck meat smoker out of it.

brownie smoker.JPG

When ya got a cracked five cubic foot firebox in your 650 pound insert, a filing cabinet sitting in the garage and a few sections of pipe laying around what ya gonna do? The drawers hold a bunch of brisket, ribs and chickens and dollar store pans fit perfectly. And the food is to die for after six to eight hours.

When ya got a cracked five cubic foot firebox in your 650 pound insert, a filing cabinet sitting in the garage and a few sections of pipe laying around what ya gonna do? The drawers hold a bunch of brisket, ribs and chickens and dollar store pans fit perfectly. And the food is to die for after six to eight hours.

The secret ingredient is fume de rustoleum.

Reactions: Rangerbait
we made a smoker out of an old dresser once.... baking pans to hold the coals... it worked out great!

I HAVE an old filing cabinet in the garage. Hmmm...

Zero bids for the stove, the auction ended. Drama is over and the thread is asking to be filed in the dead letter folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.