Those who are using a head pressure controller to modulate blower speeds based on plenum temps.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JRHAWK9

Minister of Fire
Jan 8, 2014
Wisconsin Dells, WI
I'm just curious as to what voltage you all are sending the blower at blower cutoff? I aimed for 65VAC, but there are times my snap switch cuts power when I'm at about 63-64 VAC. Just curious as to what others are using for their cutoff voltage. FYI, one needs a true RMS meter in order to correctly meter the voltage coming out of the controller. If not using a true RMS meter, your readings will not be accurate. This has to be how the controller is rectifying the signal.

http://en-us.fluke.com/training/training-library/measurements/electricity/what-is-true-rms.html

PS...I'm LOVING this variable speed setup!!

Reactions: brenndatomu
@brenndatomu

I know there are a handful of you running this setup on your Tundra's. What is your cutoff voltage?

@brenndatomu

I know there are a handful of you running this setup on your Tundra's. What is your cutoff voltage?

For the record I've deactivated mine. I wired up a pretty complicated system so that it was fail-safe if the var spd failed, and as a result it doesn't work as well as I hoped. I might redesign it (a 3rd time) if I get ambitious, but not in the foreseeable future.