Thoughts on Enviro Maxx-M? Found one in-state. Supposedly Multi-Fuel?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

FlyFish'n

Oct 23, 2021
OH
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Enviro Maxx-M stove? It appears there are two versions - the Maxx-1 (pellet only) and Maxx-M (multi-fuel). The link to the website below I believe only lists the Maxx-1, the manual they have for download takes you to the Maxx-1. I did a search, after the vendor pointed out the -M was "multifuel", and found a manual for the -M that does describe the adjustments and unique features (agitator etc) for Multifuel operation.

Manual to the -M

Supposedly parts are fairly easy to get.

If I understand it, the thermostat mode will let the fire go out and re-ignite - it doesn't just ignite once at start-up then "run on low" if the thermostat is down.

The Max-M is a beast 60 plus btu.
Have worked on only one and bought it from the Guy
he had just bought the house and the stove worked once was told
it needed a control board (better find a better service person )
It had overheated and the Hi-Temp switch had poped.
Took it home cleaned it painted it heated my shop for a season and sold it for 2500
to the first guy that looked at it. Only burnt pellets corn too hard to get at a good price
If I ever find another one I will buy it

I have one but I have not used a thermostat with it sorry. I just let it idle. I’ve never used a thermostat with any pellet stove after I had a Quadrafire misfire while I was gone in the dead of winter. To me it just easier to let them idle.

It’s a huge stove. Hold 4 bags of pellets. Carbon will build up on the pot and the agitator after a week. The carbon will be hard as a wedding prick. I use a needle peener to remove it. It’s the fastest way. I’ve had to replace the agitator ( I just made one myself) and the brass bushing that the agitator rides in (made those too). The agitator chain drive will need periodic lubrication and sometimes it would pop off but I think that may have been due to the fact it needed those bushing replaced.

I think it’s 12 or 13 years old so it’s held up pretty well. My house isn’t insulated so it got ran hard a lot. I’d still be using it if pellets hadn’t gone sky high. I went to coal. Coal has increased $100 a ton this year so might be going back to pellets. Can’t decide.

Mine is the M so yeh it’s multifuel. I’ve burned corn a few times and it works good. Burn chamber gets a little darker soot built up in it.

If the price was right I’d jump on it but if they want some crazy coin for it I’d pass. I’m a tightwad though.

Reactions: clancey
Carbon will build up on the pot and the agitator after a week. The carbon will be hard as a wedding prick.
I have no idea what a 'wedding prick' is and candidly don't want to know but I will tell you the easiest way to remove hard carbon from any burn pot is soak it for 20 minutes in warm water and use a putty knife with a sharp edge to remove it. In fact I have 2 pots and 2 agitators for my stove. When one pot and agitator is in use, the other is in the pail soaking. I use scotchbrite on the agitator.

Easy-peasy.

Reactions: clancey
Yep I’ve been wanting to get two firepots because that would be the best way to go. Just having a hard time spend half of what I paid for the stove on a firepot. Needle peener take about five minutes leaving me more recliner time.

What is a needle peener sounds exotic...old mrs clancey
Ever heard of a ball peen hammer? Like that only a point on one end instead of 1/2 round.

There is another tool called a needle scaler that runs on compressed air that is very very effective on removing paint and rust that can work for this type of work also. They have a bunch of "needles" that vibrate hard to tap the material quick and hard to chip what ever gunk is coating a metal surface off.

There is another tool called a needle scaler
What he's referring to. I have a couple myself. I find soaking in water and a putty knife much easier. Needle scalers are for removing weld spatter not hard carbon.

Mine has a settings for on-off and hi-low. And manual mine is the M1. Works great on all setting just can’t be in the house when its on 3+ to damn hot

Mine has a settings for on-off and hi-low. And manual mine is the M1. Works great on all setting just can’t be in the house when its on 3+ to damn hot
According to NWS, you'll have plenty of white insulation on your roof on Sunday.....

Reactions: Washed-Up