Thoughts on furnace liner.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinneysweep187

May 19, 2015
East coast
i currently have a 7" liner in my oil furnace. I think the installers only used 304 stainless and it has put pinholes in my liner . My furnace only needs a 5.5" My old liner is pour insulated. I was gonna rip out the liner and inso but now I'm thinking about just ripping the snout off the 7" and dropping my 5.5 through the 7" and just insulating In between the liners. What do you guys think?

For an oil furnace, I'd drop the 5.5 down the 7 and be done with it.

you need to run the numbers to find out what size liner you need to match your furnace. Then yeah just drop the new one inside the old one and i would insulate it but probably not nessecary

you need to run the numbers to find out what size liner you need to match your furnace. Then yeah just drop the new one inside the old one and i would insulate it but probably not nessecary
Yea it only needed a 5.5 and yes I did insulate it and it's working fine right now

Status
Not open for further replies.