Thre right size Pacific energy to buy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie0742001

Oct 6, 2006
My ranch is about 1800 square feet with the 3 season room, which is an add on. It is off the dining room. Large slider patio doors separate it from the dining room, so I have a pretty big opening when they are open. If I could maintain nice steady heat, I might even remove them. The 3 season room is at a 90 degree angle with the rest of the ranch. I am in the procces of gutting and renovating the 3 season, and have just about fully insulated it( still have to do under the floor, I think this room was originally a deck) and put up 1/2 inch sheetrock. I removed the old woodburner, a huge Huntsman model. So I already have a big hearthpad which is made of slate and is on a 7” platform, which I’d like to size down}. I’ll be carpeting the room when all else is done. Once again the 3 season room is 18x20. The living room is at one end and the 3 bedrooms are at the other end. There is a basemt with one more bedroom downstairs. I have forced hot air heating, with only one zone. I've finally decided that I'm buying a pacific energy stove. My final question is that would the way my house is layed out, would the small Visat Classic do the job of heating the 3 season, living and dining rooms? Its rated for 1500 square feet. Are these ratings realistic for New York? Thanks for your patience with me, I justw anna buy this once. :)

Newtofire already knows my answer from with in the PM's back and forth. My thoughts were at least the Super 27 / Pacific Classic or the Summit ( New York home ) My thoughts were as a lot of folks under size there stove when buying and wished they had gone bigger for #1 heat , longer burn times and or more room for wood/coal/ash and less clean out times weekly.

The small "Vista" is 1.4 cf fire box.

The mid size Super 27 / Pacific Classic 1.9 cf fire box

The large "Summit" is 3.0 cf .

My posting the # are not to sway anybody , Newtofire is just looking for some honist answers from experience.

Yea, I agree with Spike, go bigger. I'm thinking the mid size would be good.

Mid-sized 'Pacific' model should do fine. PE makes a great line of stoves!

Status
Not open for further replies.