Tiara I Heat n Glo won't light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cbinet

Feb 10, 2023
Coaticook
Hi, had my propane stove serviced yesterday because it would not light and surprise, today again it doesn't work. It clicks and sparks but nothing else happens. The technician said it there was air in the pipes (from having shut off the main propane tank for some months) and he cleaned the inside. It was working when he left then I switched it off later.

It is a Tiara I heat n glo. My main question is how long is it safe to let it run and try to light? Will it light eventually? What else can I try?

The technician is far off and I will get them back here only if I have to as there was nothing very wrong with the stove in the first place.

Grateful for any advice!

Keep trying. It may have more air in the line. It may go into “lock out@ depending on the controls, but once you get the rest of the air out, you should be ok. You can’t hurt anything…

Hey Daksy same problem here.. just replaced pilot assy, valve assy & controller switch. Am I just being impatient?

Probably. By opening up the gas flow, you introduced air into the system. The pilot tube inner diameter is very small & it’s going to take some time to get it bled.