New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Tilton, NH

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MellieNH

Jan 12, 2010
Lakes Region NH
HI all,

Just a pricing heads up for the local box stores. Tilton Lowe's was $260 a couple weeks ago and today they are up to $277 for Maines Choice, North American and that red, white and blue one, Freedom something? the Green Team is $301.

Home Depot is $259 for all. They said it would likely be Stove Chow as they have 400 ton of those. The other is Thermal Glo.

Weird about Lowes raising prices because others (of course not in NH) have been reporting the price going down at BBS.

I'm shocked to see BBS pellets over $300! And $301? Why not do $299 at least? In my line of work we call that the Walmart theory, if you are close enough to the "Holy chit! price" then reduce it to just UNDER the"HSp"! Believe me it saves a lot of shocked customers from dropping their jaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.