Timberline Airtight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuzz

Nov 11, 2008
MI
I am trying to install an older Timberline airtight wood stove in my house but can"t find enough info on the stove. I want it to be up to manufacturers specs so my insurance company will cover me but i am having trouble finding out exactly what that is. Does anybody know clearanses as far as how much distance from walls both combustible and noncombustible materials?

There should be a label on the back of the stove that gives clearance info, as well as all the UL test data, etc... If the label is missing, it's an "Uncertified" stove, and you may not be able to legally install it with ANY clearances. At best, if it's uncertified, you would have to use the generic distances in the NFPA, which tend to put it out in the middle of a large room... (You may find it better to use a newer stove...)

Gooserider

Cuzz said:
I am trying to install an older Timberline airtight wood stove in my house but can"t find enough info on the stove. I want it to be up to manufacturers specs so my insurance company will cover me but i am having trouble finding out exactly what that is. Does anybody know clearanses as far as how much distance from walls both combustible and noncombustible materials?

Your stove look like this?

Attachments

• timberline.jpg
    timberline.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 511
Dave_1,

I had the single door version of that stove for 26 years. What a creosote monster. My father in-law had the double door and got to the point where he was afraid to light it. It burned way hot!

Jim

We had one of those back in the 70's. It did a good job considering that it was located in a horrible location for heat distribution.

Seems to me that the clearances were around 30 or 36 inches but I could be wrong.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.