timberridge 55 trpep electrical ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gottahavvitt

Hearth Supporter
Oct 2, 2009
western ma
I am in the middle of my addition for my Timberridge 55 TRPEP and my electician is here so I need to know what breaker to install for this stove.I looked at the manual but does not specify. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No rush as long as I get an answer in five minutes.Just kidding.
Thanks
Joe

I suspect that the current draw info for the stove is on the stove name plate. Are you putting in a seperate circuit just to power the stove, don't really need to?

15 amp breaker will protect the stove .i am a a electrician .your electrician should no this this is a basic question a 1 st year apprentice will know .not much of a electrician i think.!!!!

kinglew said:
15 amp breaker will protect the stove .i am a a electrician .your electrician should no this this is a basic question a 1 st year apprentice will know .not much of a electrician i think.!!!!
A 15 amp breaker protects the wire to the recepticle for the stove, I'm sure the stove does not require 15 amps of power to operate. If protection for the stove is wanted an inline fuse will have to be used, my boiler required a 6 amp fuse.

stove has an inline 5 amp fuse stove draws less than 800 watts in startup and less than 400 during the running cycle. i would recommend not installing a GFI as they can tend to "nuisence trip" sometimes when th eigniter powers up. standards 10 to 15 amp breaker will handle the stove easily.

Thanks one and all for your help. Hopefully my stove will be here from Virginia today and a couple friends will stop by to help with placement.

I'd burn that new puppy outside for a few hours. No sense sinkin up the house! New stoves smell BAD for sometime before the crap burns off.

jay

15 amp breaker will protect stove all you need. i have been a electrician for 31 years.this guys is either try to hose you for more money or he not a electrician or he has not much know much?????

jtakeman said:
I'd burn that new puppy outside for a few hours. No sense sinkin up the house! New stoves smell BAD for sometime before the crap burns off.

jay

If I run it out side do I need any thing on the vent ?Or can it blow straight out the back ?

Excell said:
jtakeman said:

jay

If I run it out side do I need any thing on the vent ?Or can it blow straight out the back ?
Should be able to burn w/o any pipe. Point it away from anything flammable, and let 'er rip!

I test burned my Astoria and my Englander on my deck w/o any pipe attached.

Excell said:
jtakeman said:

jay

no need for pipe to burn outside though i usually slip a 1 footer on just for the heck of it. did you get the stove from amfm energy? if so the cooking out shouldnt be too bad most of the units he sells are preburned by me or one of my techs before shipping

I got the stove used ,but I had to make a guard for the glass as it is getting installed in my garage . It is painted with high temp paint and I think it may smoke a bit at first . I got the stove used ,
it is an 08 model from Canadian tire . They sell it for $1495 I got it for $700 .

stoveguy2esw said:
Excell said:
jtakeman said:

jay

no need for pipe to burn outside though i usually slip a 1 footer on just for the heck of it. did you get the stove from amfm energy? if so the cooking out shouldnt be too bad most of the units he sells are preburned by me or one of my techs before shipping

I slip on some pipe to direct it away from things like wood deck railings but no pipe is actually needed as Mike said. Just watch out what the exhaust is aimed at! Use pipe as needed.

I let it rip for about 2+ hours started on low and brough it up slowly to max. Then slowly brough it back to min. Let it cool and restarted it to see if it smelled. Some stoves have a paint cure process that you might need to follow. Check your manual just in case.

jay

Status
Not open for further replies.