Towing a 35 ton splitter with a lawn tractor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Triptester, thank you for the reply. My thoughts are that anything that raises the tongue so that the splitter balances on the fulcrum of the axle will take weight off the hitch. Nice work on your fabrication.

I have even more tongue weight with my splitter, like 150 lbs or so.
I haven't found a solution yet, but it could likely involve a modified trailer dolly which takes the load off, and then it could be used to jockey it into position.
image_4421.jpg

That looks pretty good but I need to work with what I have and not spend any more money right now except maybe a wee bit on the right hitch.

ken, sorry to hear that you are having "troubles" moving the new to you splitter around. just want you to know that i will help you out with this problem you are having and offer to take the splitter off your hands permanently. next time you come through the u.p., coordinate a transfer time of that pesty 35 ton splitter from you to me and live life good once again!!
don't mean to sound pushy, but do you think it could be soon as winters come pretty early up here...

Status
Not open for further replies.