Tractor Pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SolarAndWood said:
I should be done with all the grunt work on the property that I bought the Ford for. Then, it should just be light duty loading activities. Stuff like compost, firewood and a little stone or soil here or there. That was kind of my thinking that I could go to one machine that has a spot in the garage and is well cared for as opposed to having a sit outside beater.

One of the dealers here has a 4wd diesel 1445 with around 600 hours on it for not much more money than similar 1145s and similar to an 855/955/4110. I suppose going the 1445 route and keeping the Ford addresses my primary needs: reliable mowing and blowing.

Machine is still young and I know you're very familiar with the care and feeding of F-series front-mounts!

MasterMech said:
billb3 said:
Some of us in Ma. get to muscle rocks around when we're not moving firewood.
My JD 2520

That is a lot of rock for a 2520! :coolgrin:

That one wouldn't fit in (or on) the bucket, so I'll never know if it was too heavy to pick up. :)
Rolling rocks is ...... an interesting project.
So is sliding the ones that won't roll.

DSCF1924 (960x720).jpgDSCF1925 (960x720).jpg Here is mine pulling a stump. I just bought it used a few months ago. Kubota L3710 with 1200 hours on it. Factory Kubota loader and bucket, with a Woods sub frame mounted backhoe. Used it to plow snow three times. And now am going to work on some projects I have been wanting to do for a while. I am having some fun.

Enjoy it Gasifier! Love the Woods hoe. Nice to see curved booms becoming the norm.

Nice machine ya got there JrCRXHF. What is that you are moving in the first picture? Hydraulics are awesome.

Not as big as most of these but it pulls like an ox. I use the plow to push brush and big rounds around in the summer. It has a mowing deck and 4 foot snow blower as well.

1978 Case 446. I own a website devoted to the brand at http://www.casecoltingersoll.com if anyone wants more info.

IMAG0248.jpg

A relative of mine uses an old Case rider on his 10 acre small farm. It does everything he needs it to. If it wasn't for the snow and the hay, I would just get an old Gibson (I've had several in the past...they were sold through Agway around here).

Just got the quote for the engine kit for the FE-35...$800 not including the upper end. $300 for the valves and springs. $50 per injector for service. Not bad for a 54 year old diesel.

Not as big as most of these but it pulls like an ox. I use the plow to push brush and big rounds around in the summer. It has a mowing deck and 4 foot snow blower as well.

1978 Case 446. I own a website devoted to the brand at http://www.casecoltingersoll.com if anyone wants more info.

IMAG0248.jpg
My Dad has a 444 from around the same era. Maybe early 80's. tough machines.

Curved booms?? What is that?

dscf1924-960x720-jpg.63646

The boom of the backhoe is curved for better visibility from the seat, especially when working closer to the tractor. The first small backhoe attachments I saw using this design were the Deere 447/448. Huge improvement from the old 47/48 hoes and curved booms was one of the new features.

This past weekend I saw the largest groomer in The County . . .

groomer1.jpg

Also, found this groomer on a BBS I hang out on . . . from sometime in the past . . . not good.

oops.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.