tractor supply pellet sale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rich2500

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Berks County PA.
I see TSC currently has there pellets on sale on the website for $ 4.94 a bag that's 247.00 a ton, cheaper than lowes or homedepot , for those that might be interested

That's close to prices close to me. Local Dealer is 240 ton, Menards is 200 a ton after the 11 % rebate.

I do not believe pellets are selling very well right now.

Fuel oil is a better cost option for many.
LP gas may be a better option for those who factor labor into the equation.

I have only fired the pellet burner to test that all is ready. If dino fuels remain with the current price ratios to pellets will likely use the pellet eater for ambiance and very cold periods when this old place gets a touch drafty.

I see TSC currently has there pellets on sale on the website for $ 4.94 a bag that's 247.00 a ton, cheaper than lowes or homedepot , for those that might be interested

A pellet sale on the cusp of cold weather. Hmmmm ......

I suspect that the pellets will then stay at that price unless demand picks up

I cant see that many pellets being sold either, especially with oil prices so low. I think there is some gouging going on. Especially since prices seem to be dropping. Depot dropped the price by 10 dollars a ton and i'm betting once the product doesnt seem to be moving they will drop it even more.

I bought all my local store had; FWIW they were the red bag, hardwood pellets. UPC indicates they were made by lignetics. Only one test burn but I'm satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.