Mid-Atlantic (NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA) Tractor Supply Pellet UPC Help

frankie Posted By frankie, Aug 3, 2019 at 12:41 PM

Dismiss Notice
System Upgrade. Monday 9/16 7am central time.Thanks for your patience.
  1. frankie

frankie
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jun 12, 2012
    Loc:
    Stroudsburg Pa.
    Bought some today due to the sale price that ends today. UPC code is 7 49394 10780 2 and I can't find who made the pellets. Tried the UPC searches, nothing. Perhaps someone may know. Pellets were purchased at TSC in Broadheadsville Pa.
    Thanks in advance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dabug

Dabug
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 21, 2018
    Loc:
    Monroe County Pa
    I was up there today, manager said there lignetics. Grab 1 ton to see how they burn..

3. jrex

jrex
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 14, 2006
    Loc:
    Northeast PA
    What was the sale price and what did they go up to? Thanks!

4. frankie

frankie
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jun 12, 2012
    Loc:
    Stroudsburg Pa.
    224.50. Up to I think 250.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Talegas

Talegas
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 26, 2016
    Loc:
    Metrowest MA
    TCS in my region has started the sale too.. 4.99 per bag with 2 cent discount per bag if you buy the ton. I'll have to drive to the store and check the UPC since last year they were HORRIBLE.. and i think it was mainly due to mishandling from TSC (lots of bags perforated and lots of humidity made it into the pellets).
    Other parts are not showing good prices, some sort of price hike has happened that it hurts to see.

6. Talegas

Talegas
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 26, 2016
    Loc:
    Metrowest MA
    You might have copied the TSC barcode itself.. that number comes up as owned by TSC.

I went to my local TSC and they have bags of Maine Woods Pellets LLC... I might pull the trigger for 225 per ton for the shoulder season.

7. sandpipe

sandpipe
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 24, 2010
    Loc:
    Massachusetts
    If you test a few bags before you buy the ton could you let us know how much heat, ash, fines, etc? In the past I've purchased pretty good pellets from TSC as well as horrible pellets.

8. lagger

lagger
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Apr 2, 2014
    Loc:
    Bloomingburg NY
    igepir comes up blank for that number \ upc

9. mudeprived

mudeprived
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 9, 2016
    Loc:
    SW PA
    I just bought two tons today from Tractor Supply. The lady said they are $3.79 in store only and by the ton. Online prices differ and individual bags are more $$. Deal ends this week.

Two tons came up to $359.

10. Talegas

Talegas
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 26, 2016
    Loc:
    Metrowest MA
    wow, did you use coupon too? that sounds like a great price (regardless of pellet mfg). Here i can only try to get them at 225 PER TON.

11. mudeprived

mudeprived
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 9, 2016
    Loc:
    SW PA
    No coupon. The TSC usually has a sale like this before the season starts. There is an extra discount if you buy 50 bags.

I took a risk because I have no experience with "Cheat River Hardwood pellets" but my stove usually burns anything. I am concerned that the bag states <1% Soy Oil.

Anyone know about the Soy Oil ingredient?

12. Talegas

Talegas
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 26, 2016
    Loc:
    Metrowest MA
    Ended up buying one tone from TSC, BUT the nice thing is that it was the only ton of green supreme (by lignetics) they had.. those were very nice last year and i think it was because they had small pellet size and were burning hot but lasting a couple of hours less than the rest of the bags i bought.

will continue to hunt for an additional ton at less than 250 as this season prices are rather high (cheaper one at the place where i normally bought them is 270)

13. miteclipse

miteclipse
    Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 8, 2013
    Loc:
    Hughesville, MD
    Soy oil is just used by some companies to bind the fibers together to make the pellet. Vegatable oil is also used. I just saw one ton of AWF hardwood and Lignetics have vegatable oil on the label chart. You'll be fine, may get a tad more heat.