Tractor Supply Splitter is $999 plus you get a $150 mail in rebate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
iceman said:
Buy it on a tsc card when you get the gift certificate apply it towards the card! =849!

I was hoping I could do this but they told me at the store you cannot. Locally there is this splitter for sale which they bought in 2008..seems to be in good condition. Has there been any notable changes since '08 that would make the extra $200 worthwhile?

The flyer showing the sale and rebates is now on the Tractor Supply website.

muncybob said:
iceman said:
Buy it on a tsc card when you get the gift certificate apply it towards the card! =849!

I was hoping I could do this but they told me at the store you cannot. Locally there is this splitter for sale which they bought in 2008..seems to be in good condition. Has there been any notable changes since '08 that would make the extra $200 worthwhile?

I dont know the answer to your question about changes since 2008 but I have recommended that folks look for deals like this. I got my 22 ton Huskee by chance - went to the local TSC and found a "returned and repaired" unit. The repair was for a "sticky control lever" (huh?). We started it up on the lot and it ran fine. Looked brand new. The gave it to me for $750 w/full warrantee.
Have had it for a year now and love it.

I think the integrated log rest (a curved edge to the beam) is newer. For the extra $200, with no idea if the used unit was stored outside, I'd go new.

Just picked mine up this morning $999 +tax with a $150 mail in rebate. It was way to good of a deal to pass up! Now to get started on my pile of hickory :)

I just came home with mine too! :)
But I REALLY should get more info before I go off half cocked!
Totally appreciate all the info on the 22 ton splitter (honestly had NO idea what
I should be looking for)...what I didn't know was how amazingly HEAVY it is!
Had no idea it had to be hauled home on a hitch (thank goodness I had one!)
and then this "fat ol' house frau" had to un-hitch it and drag it into the garage
by myself cause everyone was at work (and backing up with anything hitched to
the back is not an option!! ha ha!)! My back started to hurt before I even
got to the backdoor.

Anyway...thanks everyone for pointing me in the right direction!----
how do you all store something that big?
Our garage is kinda full at the moment---mostly too many toys--and I just added
another! :roll:

ispinwool said:
My back started to hurt before I even
got to the backdoor.

If you have a lawn tractor, you can get a hitch for it :

Lowes Hitch

ispinwool said:
I just came home with mine too! :)
But I REALLY should get more info before I go off half cocked!
Totally appreciate all the info on the 22 ton splitter (honestly had NO idea what
I should be looking for)...what I didn't know was how amazingly HEAVY it is!
Had no idea it had to be hauled home on a hitch (thank goodness I had one!)
and then this "fat ol' house frau" had to un-hitch it and drag it into the garage
by myself cause everyone was at work (and backing up with anything hitched to
the back is not an option!! ha ha!)! My back started to hurt before I even
got to the backdoor.

Anyway...thanks everyone for pointing me in the right direction!----
how do you all store something that big?
Our garage is kinda full at the moment---mostly too many toys--and I just added
another! :roll:

I hope the king of the castle and all the subjects appreciate your efforts! If/when I get my splitter it will be stored outdoors under a tarp with some room for air flow...I wish I had room indoors but that will be a much more expensive project someday. Too bad the $150 gift card deal on this spitter is not an actual rebate that can be used to reduce the purchase price of the splitter but as stated even at $999 it's still appears to be a good deal.

I'm sure you could sell the gift card on craigslist for $120

You know...I never gave that a thought....hmmmmm.

CarbonNeutral said:
ispinwool said:
My back started to hurt before I even
got to the backdoor.

If you have a lawn tractor, you can get a hitch for it :

Lowes Hitch

Oh...we have a mid-sized Massey-Fergison tractor complete with hitch...one of those 'toys' I mentioned--
unfortunately, my 'driving lessons' were almost 2 years ago and I didn't trust myself to hop on it.
But it's here and it's all good. Early Merry Christmas to Hubby!

Status
Not open for further replies.