Tractor Supply White Bag Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

womaus

Feeling the Heat
Oct 25, 2015
Central MA
Tractor Supply just pushed 10% off coupons for this weekend through the mail. They've got their white bag / blue lettering pellets for $5.29 a bag, $??? (will edit after I call them) by the ton. Hardwood / softwood blend. I burned a dozen or so bags of these last year without issue, was wondering if they've changed suppliers.

UPC # 99594 00200 8
SKU # 3195163

Any pellet sleuths out there that would know where these come from?

I'm running a Harman, it'll burn most anything pretty well, wondering if these may fit the bill. I expect PelletsDirect in Uxbridge MA to do another big sale sometime midwinter (last year it was 100% Orford softwoods @$4.00 a bag), a ton of the Tractor Supply would take care of my needs until then.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the reply...

I miss a lot of things in life, that number is a minor item.

I'll take another run up there, pick up a single ton on sale. I figure it can't hurt the Harman.

I just installed iGepir on my phone, I'll see if I can get a good scan.

Thanks again.

The blend currently comes up with no info for the white bag blend in iGepir. New manufacturers this season. I have run 3 bags (1 hopper worth) and can tell you they are of a much better quality than last season. Much cleaner burn on low stove setting (5502M is not the cleanest at low) and hot.

The white bag all hardwood comes up same as last season, Dry Creek.

Last year they where bagging DryCreek in the white bags at my TSC. I know different regions get different pellets in their brand bags. I used IGepir last year to find the supplier.

IGepir came up with Currans at my TSC. After last years ton, I wouldn't use them to soak up an oil spill...

IGepir came up with Currans at my TSC. After last years ton, I wouldn't use them to soak up an oil spill...
I wouldn't buy Currans but I wouldn't hesitate to buy the DryCreek. Ran 2 tons of DryCreek last year and they were pretty good.

When I scanned the bag I bought this past weekend, stating "Hardwood Pellets" on the side they came up Lignetics?
I'll post the bar code later when I get home.

White bag or red bag? Red bag TSC brand are Lignetics and are damn good.

Just ran a bag of MWP (white bag / bleu letters and UPC that you show). They are throwing good heat out of the P61a and little ash. Another coupon came in the mail this week - so I would say that at <$5/bag (with coupon) these are a good deal if you need pellets.

Reactions: Peterfield
I also used the TSC 10% off coupon a got a ton, white bag blue letters, says 100% hardwood. Bar code #11039 32800. Short pellets, hot, not much ash.. I tagged last years same bag as a "Buy"....

Burned about 20 bags of TSC re-branded Maine Woods Pellets so far this year. They performed really well I thought, especially for $5.19, which is the cheapest pellet around my area. I went back for more just yesterday and I found they had re-branded Currans this time. I bought three bags, and put one in last night. This morning there was notably more ash in the burn pot than I'm used to. So, yes, to echo other comments here, the Curran's aren't as good. Definitely need to check UPCs before buying... the bags look identical.

Year or two ago I tried lignetics and i thought
They were dusty and average.

This year I was so surprised with the lignetic, tried a few bags and then went back and got them for 199 a ton...

Wow have these changed for the better in my opinion

I've only been running a pellet stove for 3 years. I have the New Englander PVDC-25. Last year I purchased 2 tons of the TSC red bag. They were the Lignetics hardwood and burned hot with a little ash. This year I took advantage of the 10% off and lay away and purchased 2 tons from TSC in July. These are the White bag that say Hardwood on front but "Hardwood Blend" on the side. I'm not sure who makes them but I can say that I'm very disappointed. The bags have some of the hard dark colored pellets that I was used to last year but over half are lighter colored pellets that very broken up. I have to run the stove at almost twice the feed rate to get the same heat I got last year and have lots of ash to boot. I thoroughly cleaned the stove this fall and ran several of the left -over red bags without issue. now I'm leery of pre-paying for these before being able to test.

I have been purchasing Fireside hard wood from Home Depot for the past 3 months. I got a lot of dark ash from them and had a lot of hot embers left in the burn pot. I'm running an Englander PDVC 25 as well. So seeing the TSC is basically across the street from Home Dept I figured I get a few bags and see how they do. Well to my surprise I'm not getting all the ash that I was getting with the Firesides and not build up of ash in the pot. I'm getting ample amounts of heat from them. So when I get low looks like I'll be picking up more. I tried looking up who makes them through the bar code but for some reason my phone can not find the information. The bar code is 852453003066.

Reactions: bogieb
I have been purchasing Fireside hard wood from Home Depot for the past 3 months. I got a lot of dark ash from them and had a lot of hot embers left in the burn pot. I'm running an Englander PDVC 25 as well. So seeing the TSC is basically across the street from Home Dept I figured I get a few bags and see how they do. Well to my surprise I'm not getting all the ash that I was getting with the Firesides and not build up of ash in the pot. I'm getting ample amounts of heat from them. So when I get low looks like I'll be picking up more. I tried looking up who makes them through the bar code but for some reason my phone can not find the information. The bar code is 852453003066.

Yeah, the iGepir app doesn't seem to be working for me. But that's the Maine Woods Pellets UPC. Good find. I can't find anything but Currans (which is 899186002089) at my local TSC. The only thing i noticed with those MWPs is they generate a "speed bump" on the burn pot, but it's no but deal... just hit it with a screw driver or something every few days.

Can anybody identify this supplier? IGepir is stumped. This is the second ton I got from the Augusta, ME location, the first one was MWP which I like a lot:

83ee9947cb3c2647b8f0b4b2c29a8ba8.jpg

This number was posted by @alternativeheat (thread here)last fall but I'm unsure if anyone ever figured out who they were made by

I found somewhere else that says probably Geneva (Maine's Choice). If that is true, then they are cold, ashy pellets.

I don't think they are MWP. They are much longer, produce more ash and overall less heat. I'll make sure to check next time before buying a ton but if they are the 9959400200's I'll pass.

I can only say that this years later TSC pellets are very ashy, tons of ash. At least from our local store. I have not looked at the UPC, just switched to FSU from HD instead ( same price) less ash.

Does Home Depot price match? That's the only reason I go to TSC.
I don't know about this year but last year they did not, however here they are within one or two cents of each other by the bag anyway. Also both give a break on a one ton purchase. But right now today, I think HD has the better pellet, tomorrow or next year maybe not. That is here in SE Ma. another area that might be different as well.

Give your HD a call and ask or pop in the store and ask.

I don't know about this year but last year they did not, however here they are within one or two cents of each other by the bag anyway. Also both give a break on a one ton purchase. But right now today, I think HD has the better pellet, tomorrow or next year maybe not. That is here in SE Ma. another area that might be different as well.

Give your HD a call and ask or pop in the store and ask.

I'm a little spoiled living in central ME I guess. I can go to MWP factory in Athens and get them direct for $200 / ton, takes about 2 hours round trip though. I have been going to my local TSC and price matching to the factory but I just have to check the SKU to make sure I'm getting the re-bagged MWPs. I assumed that's all the TSC had since it's what I got the first time, we all know what assuming does.