Tractor Supply White Bag Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I can only say that this years later TSC pellets are very ashy, tons of ash. At least from our local store. I have not looked at the UPC, just switched to FSU from HD instead ( same price) less ash.

Last year too!

the middletown NY TSC has several pallets of the generic tractor supply pellets, I tried them and found them to be lower quality, they have 1.5 pallets or so of the lignetics but you will have to ask for them specifically iGepir is your friend in this case

I’m ready to buy my pellet supply for next year. The two choices I’m looking at are Vermont’s at $200/ton and Hamer Hot One’s for $249/ton. Including delivery, I’d save $200 buying three tons of Hamers. I’ve always read good things about the Hamers, but recent reviews are bad. All of them. I ran a few bags of Vermont’s through the stove to try them years ago and they burned fine, and I know my stove will burn anything, but I like a clean, hot pellet. Your thoughts please.

I’d be all over the Vermont at those prices. As in by the trailer load. Where you getting them for $200

I’d be all over the Vermont at those prices. As in by the trailer load. Where you getting them for $200
My mistake! $299/ton. Sorry ! I know it’s not a great price on them, that’s why I thought the Hamers would be a good alternative.

The white bags from tsc are currans pellets.
I found the same at the Middletown NY store .. tried a couple of bags ... very dusty .. will not purchase more of these

We have found the best pellets from currans are the softwood! Hardwood and blend do not like my stove lol
any brand softwood is extremely hard to find here ... last ones i saw were about 3 or 4 seasons ago AWS at TS...I loved them others found them too sooty and dirty ymmv

any brand softwood is extremely hard to find here ... last ones i saw were about 3 or 4 seasons ago AWS at TS...I loved them others found them too sooty and dirty ymmv
Where are u located? I buy my softwood directly from currans pellet mill in massena ny

Where are u located? I buy my softwood directly from currans pellet mill in massena ny
Bloomingburg NY foothills of the catskills on the shawangunk ridge