Traeger pellet furnace gbu 070

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new here folks so I hope this isn't out of place or a stupid question. I am looking for a pellet furnace and have been offered a Traeger gbu 070 for 2000 dollars installed. This is an older model 2006-2007 I believe they said. Question is, are these models very good and is this price reasonable. I was looking at a PF 100 Harman, but I just don't have the money for one...thanks folks.

Thanks for the help Dexter Day. I've been thinking of going to a pellet furnace for a while, just not many dealers or info in my area. The dealer with this used Traeger is over 120 miles away. I've feel into the research mode and spun my mind looking and comparing...I'm sure you all have been there. This may be the one I start with and move on from there. I still like the PF-100 by Harman and the Fahrenheit, but I have a problem with the $$. Thanks again

I'm new here folks so I hope this isn't out of place or a stupid question
Please know that there IS no such thing...and welcom to the asylum!

Im pretty far North of ya, but if you were willing to drive 120 miles for a traeger? Then driving a little further for a Fahrenheit, may be feasible?

I know of a dealer who is getting out of selling Fahrenheits (all stoves/ was a Magnum dealer also) and has a floor/demo unit.for $2,000 or a new unit for $3,000 (might be $3,100?? Not sure) But its either $3,000 or real close to it.

The demo unit has been heating there shop/showroom for 3-4 yrs and heats over 3,000 sq.ft with ease.

Figured I would throw that out there? There is also a St. Croix Revolution on CL for $1,900 near Ravenna Ohio.

Thanks for the information, may be worth checking into. I've heard different sides of hooking these things up. I've read alot of posts from people saying they can't get them to work properly, which I don't understand? Another problem I've had in this area is people acting like they have no idea what I'm talking about when I say "can you hook up a bio mass or wood pellet furnace". I'm sure after a qualified person looked at it they would have no problem though. Again thanks for the help, a long trip but may be worth it...I like what I've seen about the Fahrenheit

I like mine. I only have it hooked to one Main trunk of my HVAC that has 6 registers off of it. If I hooked up the other Main trunk, the airflow would be inadequate and i would prob throw beer cans at it daily. But only 6 registers makes the airflow pretty decent for an 800 CFM blower.

I have 2 registers in the kitchen, which is the same room as the Living room (one large open space) one in my daughter ls room, one in the kids bathroom, one in my sons bedroom, and one in our Master bath (hooked to bedroom/no door), so the Dining room, and Family room have no register, but the air from the 2 bathrooms, and the kids rooms has to come through those 2 rooms, to get to the kitchen/living room, so the cold air can return down the steps. It works amazingly well.

On the last few 25° nights, I have ran it on level 1 (feed trim 3 and combustion trim 5) and kept the house about 69°-71° depending on the room (kids bathroom and kids rooms are the warmest).

I also have a very large 3.5 cu ft wood stove about 20' feet away though. So all the hot air that is created by it, is sucked into the furnace and distributed throughout the duct. So YMMV

Meant to put pic in last post ;em

FahrenheitEndurance.jpg

One more question. I just printed off the installation instructions for the Traeger 070.
It shows the chimney above the pitch of the roof. I guess I just assumed the were set up just like my Harman stove.
Does it absolutely have to be run that far to draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.