Trekker vs Harman 52i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

miteclipse

Burning Hunk
Mar 8, 2013
Hughesville, MD
From previous post, my 2 options for a new home insert is between these 2 models. Home builder works with a dealer that installs quads. Just want to ensure I get pro/con for both. The new trekkers come with the wired sensor. I am familiar with Harman as I currently have P68.

Thanks

From previous post, my 2 options for a new home insert is between these 2 models. Home builder works with a dealer that installs quads. Just want to ensure I get pro/con for both. The new trekkers come with the wired sensor. I am familiar with Harman as I currently have P68.

Thanks
This is my third heating season with my Trekker and I love it. It seems much easier to clean than the Harman. The "purge" that takes place every thirty minutes helps to keep the firepot clean though you should still check it daily. Both the convection and combustion/exhaust fans come right out for cleaning. I like the freedom of the bluetooth device but it is fragile and can easily be damaged or even torn apart if you don't read up on how to access "settings" or even change the battery. The new thermostat should resolve that issue for those who had issues with, don't need or didn't like the bluetooth tech. I don't know about Harman's other than to say they have a very loyal following.

Ultimately it may come down to which dealer is closer, better managed, and more able to provide parts and maintenance if or when required, Both are owned by HHT treats them largely as separate companies. For example, there is a Harman authorized dealer near me who told me he was unable to get Quad parts from HHT as he isn't a Quad dealer. So support should be a consideration unless you're like me and enjoy reading the manual and personally like keeping things taken care of.

Thanks for the reply. Have you had any others issues besides just basic maintenance? Both dealers are about 30 mins away. More than likely I would have to have them come out for a yearly deeper cleaning due to not being able to remove the insert myself.