True North TN 40 pellet insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Diddy Kong

Oct 25, 2020
Long island
Good evening all,

First off I'm am new to this forum and I have never owned a pellet appliance and was looking to add a supplemental heat source to my home,so this weekend I went down to my local stove shop and inquired about a pellet stove insert the individual I spoke with recommended the True North TN 40 insert and said they were made by pacific energy and they are a reputable company I was wondering if anyone is currently running this unit and what your experience has been like using this insert thank you.

Read this----

Reactions: Ssyko
A member here that is a dealer dropped that line due to issues with control boards and over firing. I know the boards are poorly designed and are made with sub standard components.

Reactions: ARGlock
Save the Money for Harmon. 2nd Year on Harmon XXV. Great Stove. Some teething problems, nothing major (screw impacting distribution fan caused buzz). Eats any Pellets, even decomposed ones that are dry. Keeps us Warm. Got down to 3f other day (Newport WA). Nice and toasty at 72f. I shut it down when 30f or above for daily cleaning (Scrap Burn Pot and Clean Glass). I can do that hot too (Clean Glass Newspaper Dry). Great Stove. Have 1250w AIMS Inverter for Power Outages. Whatever you do get Surge Protector. We had power go out for .75 second. Took out one of the security lights. One before that took out WiFi Repeater.

Read this----
Thanks for the info I guess I will be not be
Save the Money for Harmon. 2nd Year on Harmon XXV. Great Stove. Some teething problems, nothing major (screw impacting distribution fan caused buzz). Eats any Pellets, even decomposed ones that are dry. Keeps us Warm. Got down to 3f other day (Newport WA). Nice and toasty at 72f. I shut it down when 30f or above for daily cleaning (Scrap Burn Pot and Clean Glass). I can do that hot too (Clean Glass Newspaper Dry). Great Stove. Have 1250w AIMS Inverter for Power Outages. Whatever you do get Surge Protector. We had power go out for .75 second. Took out one of the security lights. One before that took out WiFi Repeater.
Well what can I say I'm glad I asked before I bought thank you all for the replies I will looking at other models.

Diddy K,

I researched that unit a couple of years ago and considered selling them but in the end it just is not a unit I would trust. Maybe some year they will get the kinks worked out of it but it's not something I'm interested in at the moment. My suggestion is save your money and get a good sturdy unit such as an Enviro or other good brand. Good Luck!