Trying to identify what type of older stove this is.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ddredd99

Mar 29, 2020
South Dakota
I got this stove from someone who knows little about stoves, like myself. I am trying to figure out what this is, as there are no markings that I can find on it.
Anyone out there be of help to me?

Thanks.
20200403_172605.jpg

I got this stove from someone who knows little about stoves, like myself. I am trying to figure out what this is, as there are no markings that I can find on it.
Anyone out there be of help to me?

Thanks.View attachment 258950
It is a Franklin style stove many companies made them in the 1970s. They are just a slight step up from an open fireplace

Are they a low quality stove, is it good enough to use in my house? Any info you have is appreciated!
Yes very low quality. It will eat tons of wood for not much heat. And they typically are unlisted meaning huge clearance requirements and some insurance companies won't cover them.