Midwest (OH, IL, IN, WI, MI, IA) TSC, NW Columbus OH, 161/Sawmill Rd - $4.79/bag @50+ (full pallet) Hardwood Pellets (not Soft Wood)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

FlyFish'n

Oct 23, 2021
OH
All,

I picked up a pallet of hardwood pellets from TSC, NW Columbus by 161/Sawmill Rd. $239.50 for the pallet, which works out to $4.79/bag. At the time I was there (yesterday) they had at least 10x pallets, so down to 9 after what I got.

For reference - the listed price I saw before was $5.19/bag with a $.20/bag discount for 50+ bags. I actually bought 2 bags at another store (London, OH) a few days ago at $5.19/bag and inquired about the pallet pricing. That would have worked out at that store to $4.99/bag. So the deal at the 161/Sawmill store on the NW end of Columbus worked out to $.20/bag cheaper even still.

I will say that I have 3 different types of pellets. The stuff on the pallet I got are "Hardwood Premium Wood Pellets". There were 2 ripped bags so they gave me 2 fresh bags. That stuff is "Lignetics Green Supreme Wood Pellets", also listed on the bag is "Appalachian Hardwood". The 2 bags I got at the other store the other day are "Freedom Fuel Super Premium Wood Pellets".

All 3 "types" of the wood pellets are under the SKU number 3195163. Both the individual bags and pallet are the same SKU.

Also of note - the full pallets are covered with another plastic bag to seal them. So it isn't just the individual bags inside. The 40lb bags do have holes in them for ventilation so they are not "sealed" = don't let them get wet. However, as long as the outside plastic bag is in-tact that should protect the bags from getting wet.

If you are splitting the pallet to load like we did - ensure that as you cut the outside bag you DO NOT slice the individual bags inside. The bags that were damaged appear to have been poked with a forklift. I did ask them to verify that the bags were all good/not damaged before giving it to me - it was once we loaded the bags we found the damaged ones. Had I loaded the pallet whole (on a trailer, truck) we wouldn't have found the damaged bags. However, damaged bags aren't the end of the world so long as you aren't loosing the pellets. It would be pretty easy to unload the pallet on concrete or asphalt and sweep up the spilled pellets to put in a bucket or something, so there is a way. When loading in the SUV 1 bag at a time the ripped bags just made a huge mess so it was easier to get a couple undamaged bags.

What is the actual UPC on the bags? From what I can tell the SKU will be the same for all of the TSC baged pellets if they are of the same type (i.e. Hardwood, Softwood, Blend).

I can not figure out how to attach pictures. The only option I have is a URL to link to a picture, I can't load a picture. So since I don't have a way to link to a URL of a picture I am unable to post pictures.

Freedom Fuel - mostly blue bag with american flag on it, the stuff I got at the store in London, OH - bar code is 8 53314 00302 7.
Green Supreme Premium Wood Pellets - white and clear bag with green labeling, replacement bags for those that ripped at the Columbus, OH store - bar code is 0 13238 00005 6.
Hardwood Premium Wood Pellets - white bag with blue labeling, pallet that I got at the Columbus, OH store - bar code is 7 49394 10780 2. For what it is worth, this one is also listed with the SKU number of 3195163 - that is the code in the computers at Tractor Supply so I am assuming since it is printed on the bag that might be the largest supplier/specific supplier to Tractor Supply? Just a guess.

All,

I picked up a pallet of hardwood pellets from TSC, NW Columbus by 161/Sawmill Rd. $239.50 for the pallet, which works out to $4.79/bag. At the time I was there (yesterday) they had at least 10x pallets, so down to 9 after what I got.

For reference - the listed price I saw before was $5.19/bag with a $.20/bag discount for 50+ bags. I actually bought 2 bags at another store (London, OH) a few days ago at $5.19/bag and inquired about the pallet pricing. That would have worked out at that store to $4.99/bag. So the deal at the 161/Sawmill store on the NW end of Columbus worked out to $.20/bag cheaper even still.

I will say that I have 3 different types of pellets. The stuff on the pallet I got are "Hardwood Premium Wood Pellets". There were 2 ripped bags so they gave me 2 fresh bags. That stuff is "Lignetics Green Supreme Wood Pellets", also listed on the bag is "Appalachian Hardwood". The 2 bags I got at the other store the other day are "Freedom Fuel Super Premium Wood Pellets".

All 3 "types" of the wood pellets are under the SKU number 3195163. Both the individual bags and pallet are the same SKU.

Also of note - the full pallets are covered with another plastic bag to seal them. So it isn't just the individual bags inside. The 40lb bags do have holes in them for ventilation so they are not "sealed" = don't let them get wet. However, as long as the outside plastic bag is in-tact that should protect the bags from getting wet.

If you are splitting the pallet to load like we did - ensure that as you cut the outside bag you DO NOT slice the individual bags inside. The bags that were damaged appear to have been poked with a forklift. I did ask them to verify that the bags were all good/not damaged before giving it to me - it was once we loaded the bags we found the damaged ones. Had I loaded the pallet whole (on a trailer, truck) we wouldn't have found the damaged bags. However, damaged bags aren't the end of the world so long as you aren't loosing the pellets. It would be pretty easy to unload the pallet on concrete or asphalt and sweep up the spilled pellets to put in a bucket or something, so there is a way. When loading in the SUV 1 bag at a time the ripped bags just made a huge mess so it was easier to get a couple undamaged bags.
Get lignetics if you can