Tuning trp-22

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Smokinbubba

Burning Hunk
Nov 30, 2019
Central Ohio
I know this has been covered a lot but want to know what everyone thinks of my tune. Day temps at 32f night 18f. I am at 800'above sea level. Burning green supremes. Have a stat. Heat 5 fan 5. Running 1-4-1 since factory setting of 6-4-1 ran me out da house hot when temps were in the 50's last weekend! I dont want to send extra heat up the flue so i set to 1-3-1 an hour ago.
At 1-4-1 the glass was half covered with tan ash at 24hrs. 2 cups of gry powder ash per 30lb fuel. No clinkers. Going to see if i am too rich at 1-3-1. If so, i will go back to 1-4-1. At that setting stat off flame was 1-2" high. Seems like a good idle. Stat calls for heat and flame goes to 8" dancing nicely.
Sound like i am on the right track?? Thx Bubba

I know this has been covered a lot but want to know what everyone thinks of my tune. Day temps at 32f night 18f. I am at 800'above sea level. Burning green supremes. Have a stat. Heat 5 fan 5. Running 1-4-1 since factory setting of 6-4-1 ran me out da house hot when temps were in the 50's last weekend! I dont want to send extra heat up the flue so i set to 1-3-1 an hour ago.
At 1-4-1 the glass was half covered with tan ash at 24hrs. 2 cups of gry powder ash per 30lb fuel. No clinkers. Going to see if i am too rich at 1-3-1. If so, i will go back to 1-4-1. At that setting stat off flame was 1-2" high. Seems like a good idle. Stat calls for heat and flame goes to 8" dancing nicely.
Sound like i am on the right track?? Thx Bubba
Yep, too rich at 1-3-1. Not a complete enough burn and glass was getting cloudy. Changed back to 1-4-1