Mid-Atlantic (NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA) Turman or Wood Pellet Co.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

titanracer

Feeling the Heat
Nov 10, 2011
South Central PA., Newville
Anybody around the Mechanicsburg PA area, Wertz's coal yard on Trindle road, outside Mechanicsburg, got 4 truck loads of pellets today. 2 truck loads of Turman pellets & 2 truck loads of Wood Pellet Co. pellets. I haven't burned either one of these for about 3 years ago, but they where both a decent pellet back than. Don't know how they are burning now. They were $270.00 a ton, for either brand.

Turman have very low ash. Almosthe through 1.5 tons of them so far this year. Think I burned a few bags of the other brand my first year with the stove. Turman get my vote. Think mine where 254 a ton

Turman have very low ash. Almosthe through 1.5 tons of them so far this year. Think I burned a few bags of the other brand my first year with the stove. Turman get my vote. Think mine where 254 a ton
Where did you get your Turmans?

You'll like the Turmans. Burn hot with little ash. Got 5 tons in the spring at LT Rush Stone & Fireplace. $229 a ton then. Not sure of price now. I drive by there everyday, still have many tons in the back.

Bought a few bags of Turman's the other day and just put the first bag in the stove in the past hour. Looks like a solid rocket booster in there. Stove was down for a while with auger issues and the house is in the low 60's but warming up nicely.

My Harman will burn anything but I could hear the Auger straining when I made the stove eat hardwoods like Truman's .

Status
Not open for further replies.