Two Chainsaws in Classifieds

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WarmGuy

Minister of Fire
Jan 30, 2006
Far Northern Calif. Coast
Two chainsaws advertised in local paper for about $50 each:

John Deere 35 EV 001682
Echo 701S VL Kioritz

I've concluded that neither of these have the inertial chainbrake safety system, so I won't get them. Does that sound right?

Thanks,

Good call, for that and other reasons as well.

That's two big ifs. I don't think I'd want to be seen using a John Deere chainsaw. I did have an Echo once, but it tended to vapor lock in hot weather.

Do you know anything about the Jonsereds 90, computeruser? I've got one that's a great rig for cutting big wood, but it's one cold-blooded beast. If you're using it to cut in the winter, better take it back inside between tanks, or you'll never get it started again. Is that common with those big, old saws, or just mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.