Two days and I am tired

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N/A N/A

May 10, 2008
wow I am beat. After two full eight hour days of cutting and splitting without any help...time for a beer.

Attachments

• woodpile3-1.jpg
    woodpile3-1.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 1,386
I cant figure this picture stuff out sorry

Attachments

• woodpile4-1.jpg
    woodpile4-1.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 1,203
If I had your firewood I'd throw mine away! Thats a lot of work right there, if your like me your taking abreak every 1/2 hour and sucking down gallons of water or whatever else there is to drink. Looks good so far. I like how you stack your wood, it looks like it would get much better ventilation.

Ya for sure...I drink a ton of water. Thats all that is left from a grapple load of wood. It works out well stacking the wood that way. Its just very time consuming doing it like that. On the three outside layers on both sides its stacked box style. But in the middle I stacked it the regular way due to lack of time.

Yep, time for a beer and don't forget the brats and firepit fire to cook them on. Always nice to get the wood processed for the next year.

Looks great.

The thing I enjoy about chopping wood is when you finally come inside, the wife will leave you alone to enjoy some "QUALITY" tv time....LOL.....

Oneday when I grow up, maybe I can get a splitter!

flyfishn said:
Looks great.

The thing I enjoy about chopping wood is when you finally come inside, the wife will leave you alone to enjoy some "QUALITY" tv time....LOL.....

Oneday when I grow up, maybe I can get a splitter!

Heat with wood for a few years. The money you will save will more than pay for it.

Great job! I would reccomend hanging some tarps from each side. You can roll them up and only unroll for serious storms. You don't want wind-driven rain getting all that nice wood wet. Maybe even just one side if you now the wind always tends to blow that way. Click on the link and check out the way Todd has his tarps about halfway down in this thread. https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/19102/ That's kind of like what I mean for you. I want to do something similar.

woodburn said:
Great job! I would reccomend hanging some tarps from each side. You can roll them up and only unroll for serious storms. You don't want wind-driven rain getting all that nice wood wet. Maybe even just one side if you now the wind always tends to blow that way. Click on the link and check out the way Todd has his tarps about halfway down in this thread. https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/19102/ That's kind of like what I mean for you. I want to do something similar.

Woodburn, Great stuff, Thanks for showing me that idea! I was planning on putting up some lattice or something on the sides latter this summer maybe. Was undecided on what I was going to do. I just put that wood shed up this June. Thanks a bunch!

Status
Not open for further replies.